Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German showel.

Article about: Question about German showel.Is it wartime product? Never seen that kind of leather carrier before.

Default German showel.

Question about German showel.Is it wartime product? Never seen that kind of leather carrier before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German showel.   German showel.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German showel.
    P
    Many

I can't speak for the carrier, but the shovel looks like a wartime one to me. It would be a postwar Norwegian-issued example, as they painted them olive green. You can see the original wood colour at the top of the handle, which is how it would have looked originally.

Here's mine. A folding example rather than a fixed one, but ex-Norwegian reissue. There are traces of olive paint on it, which has since been removed by someone. The upshot is that the underlying shovel is usually in very good condition, compared to examples that were not postwar repainted.

German showel.

Regards, B.B.

Any stamps, or marks on it?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Some of mine :

German showel.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

This showel is not a mine in moment. Its for sale in auction.By the worlds of seller showel has marking Maschinengewehrkompanien​ Heeres.But not markings on the carrier.Showel looks fine for me. Strange thing is leather carrier.

MAP
    ?

Maybe Finnish?

Here is my Finnish example

Military Entrenching Tools and Shovels
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not German for me, you must wait for a best one, IMO.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,
    The cover looks finnish and a better view of the shovel out of the cover would be good.
    From these photos it could be a pre-1934 german shovel, but i'm not 100% positive
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Looks like that the carrier is finnish made. Thank`s for helpful information.

?

I had one of the same with a post war marked E-TOOL in it. this seems to be one in the same. jmho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast