Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German tunnel in Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: I turned up these 3 photos taken post the German Occupation of Jersey. They are taken I guess in the 60's at the site of the German tunnel in St.Peters Valley. The entrance to the tunnel has

Default German tunnel in Jersey, Channel Islands.

I turned up these 3 photos taken post the German Occupation of Jersey. They are taken I guess in the 60's at the site of the German tunnel in St.Peters Valley. The entrance to the tunnel has been covered over in attempt to seal the contents in, but as can be seen a hole has been dug and a selection of kit deposited outside. I see a helmet, a folding shovel and a number of Chatellerault drum magazines, albeit French they were used heavily by the Germans here on the Island. You will see that the items are already well rusty, and the interior photo shows the moldering wooden props used to shore up the unfinished section of tunnel.
    I had not seen these before today, so interesting and thought I would share with you.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German tunnel in Jersey, Channel Islands.   German tunnel in Jersey, Channel Islands.  

German tunnel in Jersey, Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German tunnel in Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

Creepy... do you know who is in the picture?

Hi,
    No idea unfortunately.
    D

Were they mostly occupying or was there actually some fighting on the island?

?

My physic contacts in the netherworld are telling me that the Amber room is on a train in the tunnel!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Larboard,
    As you say mostly Occupying and guarding. But there was the odd flak encounter with aircraft..... but they actually shot down more of there own than they did of ours. There were also a few off shore engagements. But nothing along the lines of what happened in France. Panzer Abteilung 213 were the only tank unit in ww.2 never to fire a shot in anger!!!
    D