Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??

Article about: Hello,.. I bought these for 35 bucks today, I have a few pair and I know this is kinda messed up missing the eye funnel ( I have extras) and the wrapping, but for 35 bucks? why not... My que

Default German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??

Hello,..

I bought these for 35 bucks today, I have a few pair and I know this is kinda messed up missing the eye funnel ( I have extras) and the wrapping, but for 35 bucks? why not...

My question is are these a early pair? and what does the M marking mean by the codes? Thanks!!German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ww2 Binoculars I bought for 35 bucks, has weird marking??
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Yes it is an early pair of binoculars, considering their markings et Nr, some prewar examples...
    the M indicates that they use the metric system (for any calculation made with the help of the reticle, the result should be expressed in meters)...
    The screws look unmolested...good thing...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Maker marked rather than letter code makes them pre circa 1941 (I can't remember what date they switched to the letter codes and I am sure someone will be along to correct me) and in the old days it was claimed -incorrectly- that the M stood for Marine, though as JP stated it is for Metric.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

you guys are great, did i do ok for 35 bucks? i have a new funnel piece and they will be actually used..?

Nice to see the original strap and buttoning flap.
    Even with the flaking skin and the missing eye
    cup, you did quite well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice to see the original strap and buttoning flap.
    Even with the flaking skin and the missing eye
    cup, you did quite well.........
    Indeed, I have seen the button mounting strap on dealers sites on their own for 50 bucks.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

yeah, I thought so, wish there was a way to fix the flaking skin, but its old, and bin used im sure..