Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German WW2 mirror

Article about: Just got this german WW2 mirror. (pictures attached) Does anybody know where this was uses and maybe an indication of the value. Any information is welcome. Thanks!

Default German WW2 mirror

Just got this german WW2 mirror. (pictures attached) Does anybody know where this was uses and maybe an indication of the value.

Any information is welcome.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WW2 mirror   German WW2 mirror  

German WW2 mirror  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WW2 mirror
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WW2 mirror

Looks like a fantasy piece to me. The eagle looks very wrong. But I have been wrong before...

They did have mirror with the marking on the back but not this one fake.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    They did have mirror with the marking on the back but not this one fake.
    I doubt that it's a fantasy piece. I got it from a deceased collecter who survived the war and lived close to Arnhem (Operation Market Garden) The mirror looks at least 50 years old. I doubt they made replica's/fantasy item's of a mirror. Why would they? The swastika is on the backside of the mirror..

I admit the eagle is a weird shape though...

I expect this is a barracks issue mirror.

I am certain I have seen this style of eagle on a HU marked set of wooden jack boot pullers.

Value will be low due to the condition.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I expect this is a barracks issue mirror.

I am certain I have seen this style of eagle on a HU marked set of wooden jack boot pullers.

Value will be low due to the condition.

Cheers, Ade.
    It does look close to the wooden jack boots pullers ,but still not the same.The jack boots one were factory stamp.This one is not ,a person put it on the back of the mirror.I have look for more info on this and only found Luftwaffe mirrors with factory stamps on them.Could be a soldier done but who knowns.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    It does look close to the wooden jack boots pullers ,but still not the same.The jack boots one were factory stamp.This one is not ,a person put it on the back of the mirror.I have look for more info on this and only found Luftwaffe mirrors with factory stamps on them.Could be a soldier done but who knowns.
    I donĀ“t have a clue either.. I will just keep searching. I am almost certain it is a genuine WW2 mirror. Thanks for all the replies.