Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german ww2? or repro flare/smoke box

Article about: Hi All posted this item on the bocn site about the cases it holds but thought i would put it hear also. it was sold to me as ww2 but i am not sure, i walked it round a few dealers at leads s

Default german ww2? or repro flare/smoke box

Hi All
    posted this item on the bocn site about the cases it holds but thought i would put it hear also.
    it was sold to me as ww2 but i am not sure, i walked it round a few dealers at leads show and they all thought it was ww2. the chaps on bocn are not sure.
    so i need your thoughts is it a ww2 sleeper or post war or just outright repro?
    i have taken some picks to help.
    i have to add though that the threads have had the flame test and are just cotton and it also has that old old webbing/leather smell so i dont think it is brand new but could it be 60s or 70s repro i supose?
    any input would be well recived
    Andygerman ww2? or repro flare/smoke boxgerman ww2? or repro flare/smoke boxgerman ww2? or repro flare/smoke boxgerman ww2? or repro flare/smoke boxgerman ww2? or repro flare/smoke boxgerman ww2? or repro flare/smoke box

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german ww2? or repro flare/smoke box
    P
    Many

Default Re: german ww2? or repro flare/smoke box

the last pick is of the strap buckle not sure it belongs to the box.
    Andy

german ww2? or repro flare/smoke boxgerman ww2? or repro flare/smoke boxpicks of the smoke cases

You are correct. The strap, while original, does not belong to the box.

Not realy my thing, but I think it is OK? These have only really been faked in the past 10 to 15 years to the best to my knowledge?

Cheers, Ade.

The Leather is all Post War E. German Production. The empty shells are from WWII

Thanks for the info Signalman. It did not occur to me to think of DDR production/NVA issue.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for the info Signalman. It did not occur to me to think of DDR production/NVA issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,
    Signalman is correct.The presstoff is post-war,even if the construction's almost identical to the originals'.The strap doesn't belong to the pouch and the only "period" parts are the cartridges!
    HTH
    Manny

The presstof have totaly been use in the 2ww and is more common than leather. The box looks absolutly right and does not look like ddr/nva but it can be a reproduktion and it sure looks to good/new in my eyes .. If it has WaA markings in the presstof on the side it might be original.

If it does smell like new leather it is for sure a repro

Hello, there is NO question about it. The box is post war DDR. The ink stamp inside the lid is ONLY a post war DDR mark, among other details which are better off left unsaid. Note, Waa marks have been faked on these.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast