Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

german ww2 telephone

Article about: i found this on a online shop, what do you guys think of this, for 160euros, its kind of pricey, is it the real deal?

Default german ww2 telephone

i found this on a online shop, what do you guys think of this, for 160euros, its kind of pricey, is it the real deal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german ww2 telephone   german ww2 telephone  

german ww2 telephone   german ww2 telephone  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german ww2 telephone
    P
    Many

Default Re: german ww2 telephone

Hi
    It looks alright to me, the cranking handle is a different shape than mine also Is there any stamps on the handset or the main body as usually they were stamped and dated ?. 160 is slightly overpriced I think.

Martin

you have one? are the diferences visible, because when i looked at this, kinda seemed pretty good and also real, and about the stamps, i didnt see any

Hi Again
    I found a few pictures of mine just to show you the markings I am not sure whether these were issued to other armies and how long they were in service for. Hope this helps.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german ww2 telephone   german ww2 telephone  

german ww2 telephone   german ww2 telephone  

HVK
    ?

These phones were phased out of the Danish Natioal Guard in the early 2000 together with a large wooden german switch board. I do not know if this phone come from this LOT - but to me it seems desent, and I do not think that the price is that high...

It is a standard Feldfernsprecher 33 model. The condition is fair. Does it work? You can test by putting a 1.5 volt battery adapter on the terminals in the battery case and checking the handset. 160 Euros is way over priced. These are common and can be found anywhere. This would be $218 in the US! I could get you 2 and possibly 3 phones for that much. Worth up to $100 in working condition and $50 if it is not in my opinion. Neil H.

so you mean, this is the regular one, not the military version, ok, i guess im going to skip this phone. thanks a lot guys.best regards nuno

Nuno, You misunderstood my post. This IS a military phone - the standard model 33 developed for the Wehrmacht. It is an OB or Ortsbatterie phone meaning "locally powered." It is battery operated so it can be used in the field. However the cost is still way too high. You can find better phones for less I'm sure. Cheers, Neil

It is certainly real, but not worth more than $50 - 75 USD