Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German WWII bag / satchel

Article about: Hello, I found this leather bag which is supposedly German WWII. On inside it says 12.X.1944 (possibly date of capture?) Jastrebac (in Yugoslavia), and then on Serbo-Croatian it says 83. SS

Default German WWII bag / satchel

Hello,

I found this leather bag which is supposedly German WWII. On inside it says 12.X.1944 (possibly date of capture?) Jastrebac (in Yugoslavia), and then on Serbo-Croatian it says 83. SS Divison, and there is one mark with German eagle, with strange mark below. Has anyone of you ever seen bag like this and do you think it's authentic?
    German WWII bag / satchelGerman WWII bag / satchelGerman WWII bag / satchelGerman WWII bag / satchel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWII bag / satchel
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WWII bag / satchel

I believe this is a machine-gunners tool-pouch...as for the markings I can only say that there was no 83rd SS Division...A better photo of the eagle-stamp would probably be helpful along with a photo of the reverse of the pouch...
    cheers, Glenn

I found photos of exactly same German bag, from every side, view them in full size.. I think it is not 83rd but one of "hunter" regiments of 13. SS Handschar Division. What do you think it is worth in condition like this?
    German WWII bag / satchelGerman WWII bag / satchelGerman WWII bag / satchel

Can anyone tell me what is this? I don't know if it is machine gunners pouch, signalmans pouch or something else?

?

It's a MG gunners tool pouch...would of held the spider sight, spare bolt, clearing tools nd asbestos type gloves to change hot barrels!

Not an MG tool pouch, but a signal mans tool pouch

Tom
    www.mp44.nll

As stated by Tom - this is not an MG pouch. It is clearly a Nachrichtentasche. It held a report pad, pencils, tape, splicing knife, paper labels and a universal tool. There should be a divider inside and provision to store a couple of pencils. This would be standard issue to members of communications units. Value with an intact strap is in the One hundred twenty five to one hundred and seventy five US dollar range. I can't verify the SS marking but that would affect value. NH

btw, the strange mark appears to be the maker mark ..... it looks as if this is made by clg (same maker as the tan and green MP40 pouches) : Ernst Melzig Lederwaren, Liegnitz

As for the value... I have bought a few on ebay for 30 - 50 euro (including the straps which are normally the same as the flaregun pouch straps)

but normally stuff can be bought cheap sometimes on ebay.de.

I believe the prices in the US are most of the time much higher

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Tom, I want to pay your prices for these items! NH

hahahaha.... Just keep an eye open on ebay.de !!!!

Cheers
    Tom