Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German WWII Items: Your opinion?

Article about: by phlarris cavacestbonok, Don't get your hopes up of getting rich off the druckzunder. Although some fuses go for a lot of money, I have seen these for sale for £10-£20. P. Yes, I know. May

Default German WWII Items: Your opinion?

Hello!

I would like your opinion about some items that I bought this weekend in a flea market. I bought it for nothing. Do you have an idea of their real values?

Gasmask box empty.

Mine detonator, I think?

Headset

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWII Items: Your opinion?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WWII Items: Your opinion?

Hello,
    The headset is nice, maker : Lumophon-Werke Bruckner & Stark in Nurmberg.
    I can't tell you anything about the second item shown (Mine detonator?)..sorry, not my stuff....concerning the gasmask canister, better, clearer and closer photos might help to determine if genuine or not. Hard to comment with this lighting. My advice would be to take more photos with natural light.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The fuse is a Druckzuender 35a for an A/T mine.

Cheers, Ade.

For a bit more info on the fuse, this is a great site: Druckzünder 35 A

Regards

P.

It all looks good. Gas mask canister seems to have been repainted or camouflaged. Without contents they sell for around $50 to $75. Camo paint or nice markings might bump it up. The Druckzünder ( DZ 35 (A) ) is a pressure igniter used in heavy A/T mines (Schwere Panzermine) and some prepared charges. Igniters are are a real specialty area so prices are relative. I've seen them sell from $50 to $300. The headphones look like the radio type. Field phone headphones have a smaller connecting jack. Headphones are in the $75 range. Some may have other opinions on value but this should be a good starting point. NH

Thank's everybody for yours answers!

I would like to do some others pictures but my is screwing up!
    The canister is good, no replic but camouflaged. I think some soldiers repainted their canister like the helmet, isn't it?
    I watched the website about the fuse... very interesting!

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    It all looks good. Gas mask canister seems to have been repainted or camouflaged. Without contents they sell for around $50 to $75. Camo paint or nice markings might bump it up.
    Hello,
    Yes the canister has been camouflaged, that's why better, clearer and closer photos are needed here...i mean knowing that 90% of camouflaged canisters on the market are postwar forgeries...additional pics might help...

Without contents they sell for around $50 to $75....if the empty canister is factory Feldgrau painted, yes the price is close that what you say, and even more expensive if the canister is in very good condition...but if the camouflaged paint is genuine the canister itself would sell for around $400 to $500...which is not the same deal....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by cavacestbonok View Post
    The canister is good, no replic but camouflaged. I think some soldiers repainted their canister like the helmet, isn't it?
    !
    Hello,
    no one said that the canister was a replica. Camouflaged items collecting is a minefield...that's why i wrote that better photos are needed.
    Yes, some canisters were wartime camouflaged like helmets (and many other things), but many more have been postwar camouflaged by fakers from all countries...not saying yours is one of them, i just would like to see better photos to help you out...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Here are some new pictures with natural light. Hope it's better!
    Thanks

cavacestbonok,

Don't get your hopes up of getting rich off the druckzunder. Although some fuses go for a lot of money, I have seen these for sale for £10-£20.

P.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast