Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Y Straps

Article about: Here is a pair of German Y straps I have had several post war but I think these are WW2 It is too worn to show up in the picture but on the back round protector is g?g and 42 which I would t

Default German Y Straps

Here is a pair of German Y straps I have had several post war but I think these are WW2 It is too worn to show up in the picture but on the back round protector is g?g and 42 which I would think is the date. I think there is also a no 10. There is also a missing D ring at the bottom strap. Too cold out today -6 and blowing snow so I tried them indoors. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Y Straps   German Y Straps  

German Y Straps   German Y Straps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Y Straps
    P
    Many

Hello Timothy,
    This is an original pair of Y-straps, unfortunatly, the back strap is postwar austrian...
    giveaways are square stitching at the hook, and incorrect buttonholes...the metal stud may also be postwar austrian i think, sorry...
    Are you sure about the 1942 date ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Not for sure it is worn and hard to read sometimes looks like 43 these things get hard to make out definetly first letter is a 4. timothy

probably a "gfg" one.....

And like JP said, end strap is austrian postwar.... you see a lot of these on original Y straps unfortunately....

One dealer here in Holland has all his Y straps equiped with post war end straps and when you say anything about it he denies.....

Anyway, thank God these are easily recognized......

Because of the stitching in front of the Y straps (auxiliary straps) it is probably a 43 or 44 one. I's still looking for the 1st 42 one with stitching

Tom

Thanks for your expert opinion valued much the back end piece is easily replaced so no big deal I will keep on the look out for one I saw one here while back but will post before buying. Any of them are hard to find so I can live with it I think it is 43 Tom but I have loped it and really can't say for sure. You can read the 4 though. timothy