Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Grandpas holster

Article about: My grandfather got this holster back in czechoslovakia in 44 or 45. He took it off of a german officer. Um it has the Nazi eagle stamped on the back along with Wa. 7 or something like that.

jh92
    ?

Default Grandpas holster

My grandfather got this holster back in czechoslovakia in 44 or 45. He took it off of a german officer. Um it has the Nazi eagle stamped on the back along with Wa. 7 or something like that. Any idea what it is/was for?

2. # ADS

schnellmann
    ?

Default Re: Grandpas holster

I would guess it is for a Walther PP or PPK. But it will take other small pistols as well - I imagine.

?

what happend to the weapon?

jh92
    ?

No idea, either traded it for his luger or he didnt take it. Unfortunately he passed away so I cant ask him. Thanks for the quick response schnellman!

looks like it could be for browning pistol (belguim) after the factory was taken over by the germans

?

i agree, i think it is for Browning pistol, i always wanted a luger, but they are always above my price range, in USA, they run for $1200 and up that for a good one.
    sam

jh92
    ?

I googled browning holsters but after seeing a bunch i am not sure if i agree. Primarily because the texture of the leather upon all I found is smoth whereas on my holster it is pebbled. Good luck with a luger Sam, an old vet i know is givng me his when I turn 21 .

?

well good for you jh92, i think i will be able to save some money for a Luger by the end of the year, then i will be able to show it to everyone, but in the mean time i will enjoy my 2 Mausers
    sam

hi sam i had the same holster for my issue browing when i was in iraq i also carried a 1943 dated .45 colt 1911 i had picked up along the way got a few strange looks to be sure

jh92
    ?

I found it! it is for a Cz27, seemingly nazi police. Thanks for the help everyone.