Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gravity knife RZ20 paracord lanyards

Article about: Hi guys, would like to show you these two lanyards that were used by paratroopers made of the cords.

Default Gravity knife RZ20 paracord lanyards

Hi guys, would like to show you these two lanyards that were used by paratroopers made of the cords.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gravity knife RZ20 paracord lanyards   Gravity knife RZ20 paracord lanyards  

Gravity knife RZ20 paracord lanyards   Gravity knife RZ20 paracord lanyards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gravity knife RZ20 paracord lanyards
    P
    Many

Any opinions please

These are really impossible to date.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    These are really impossible to date.
    I agree. You can tell if they have age or not but that is all because the material is still available and you can make one of these by hand in about 20 mins. Plus as they are hand made there is no "official" pattern to authenticate.

They are nice to have with really good provenance as part of a set or group of equipment but even then it would be impossible to be certain.

I would suggest that the presence of such a lanyard with a knife of other original equipment would not add a penny to the value just as not having the lanyard should not detract a penny from the value.

Of course this is just my opinion and others may disagree.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Very kind to make a comment on these lanyards. I agree with you, since these were made on the field, they use any piece of equipment and thus they were no official. I know for certain that the cords belonged to a vet, so that is the only provenance I have, nevertheless, there is one thing for certain and that is that the materials are legit and it looks nice with my paratrooper display