Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Great Knobelbecher find!

Article about: I was looking for a pair of Knobelbecher for a while to complete my mannequin but i couldn't find a pair that would fit in my budget. Now i was searching a second hand shop and what did i se

Default Great Knobelbecher find!

I was looking for a pair of Knobelbecher for a while to complete my mannequin but i couldn't find a pair that would fit in my budget.
    Now i was searching a second hand shop and what did i see in the corner on a old shoe rack?? a pair of Knobelbecher .. not in the best condition but all they have to do is stand in my room i payed 45 euros for it.
    the leather is a bit dry on some places, should i clean/polish/wax them ore something? or leave them in this condition? i think that on some places the leather eventually will crack.. please your opinion! thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great Knobelbecher find!   Great Knobelbecher find!  

Great Knobelbecher find!   Great Knobelbecher find!  

Great Knobelbecher find!   Great Knobelbecher find!  

Great Knobelbecher find!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Great Knobelbecher find!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Great Knobelbecher find!

I would say leave them "as is". It's more then often the best thing to do Not a bad pair for 45 EUR

Regards, Lars

Hello,
    Nice price for a genuine pair of Marschstiefel....but is there a problem with the removable sole part ? (as seen on the photo)
    It looks a bit too flat under this boot....
    The last time i found an unexpected item where there was no chance to find any was in a restaurant from where i bought a pair of middle/late war skis for 45 euro also...there were hanging on the wall as decoration...after the diner, i just asked the owner if they were for sale and he told me 'everything on walls is for sale'....so i got them...
    Thanks

Great Knobelbecher find!

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I would not clean them up with polish or anything, however if you are looking to preserve them and keep the leather supple I use Pecard's Antique leather dressing. It may seem expensive but a little goes a long way. I have had the same post for several years and have only just started to make a dent in it!

Pecard Leather Care

Great for the price!....

Thanks for the reactions! @ Jphilip yes you are right the sole part is missing on this one.. it is a unmessed/unrepaired pair but for 45,- euro's that is ok

Hello,
    It is true to say that 45 euro for a pair of Marschstiefel is quite cheap, even if it's damaged, but remember that in our hobby we dont buy prices, we buy WWII german army artefacts...beyond a certain amount of money, it's better to save it in order to buy stuff in good condition. The price can be negociated, the quality of the item can't....
    And as always, better quality than quantity, unless you can afford both...
    Good luck with your mannequin
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

I just browsed the Internet a bit looking for a cheap pair of german boots and found a very nice pair of regulation Reitstiefel modified to high shafted Marschstiefel, with the rear leather tab cut off.....for 160 euro...the cheap stuff in goof condition is still out there Kameraden...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :