Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Grenade launcher sight for German K98

Article about: I tried posting this item on the armor and received no replies. I'm a newbie to this forum and I'm hoping that someone will tell me if there is a better folder in which to put this request.

Melp
    ?

Default Grenade launcher sight for German K98

I tried posting this item on the armor and received no replies. I'm a newbie to this forum and I'm hoping that someone will tell me if there is a better folder in which to put this request.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a relic K98 grenade launcher sight (Schiessbecher; see http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/gerr...er/index.html; also figure 5, 7th photo from top at: Lone Sentry: German Rifle-Grenade Equipment (WWII Tactical and Technical Trends, No. 36, October 21, 1943) ). I intend to only make the parts that are missing, which include the main pivot machine screw and back washer(?) for the elevation, and the complete lower strap (including the knurled sight fastening bolt and screw) that fastens the sight to the K98. I need some help with dimensions of those parts. Is there anybody who might have a blueprint of the sight, or is willing to give me a few dimensions so I can make the scratch-built replacement parts?

Thanks, Mel

2. # ADS

Default Re: Grenade launcher sight for German K98

Unfortunately I am unable to see the parts you are referring to.I have one and could take measurements of the parts you wish to make.

Melp
    ?

Default Re: Grenade launcher sight for German K98

Phoenix,
    Thank very much for your reply.

I see now that the second of my links did not transfer directly into my initial message, but the first did. It may be that you have a Pop-up blocker interfering with your attempt in double clicking on the first website's URL.

I do not see how I can send you a private message, but if you will contact me at m_ppodwysocki{(begin antispam)at(end antispam)}comcast.net, with your own e-mail address, I'll reply directly to you with annotated figures. Again, thanks for your reply.

Melp
    p.s. I trust you know what to do with all that antispam gobbledygook.