Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??

Article about: This is another item that I was hoping somebody could helpme with. I know it is a gun cleaning kit for a K98 but I was told the reason it is painted a tan color is that it might of been used

Default Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??

This is another item that I was hoping somebody could helpme with. I know it is a gun cleaning kit for a K98 but I was told the reason it is painted a tan color is that it might of been used in Africa? The only markings I see are stamped in the bottom CNX and the Wehrmacht eagle looks like it was covered with the paint on the other side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??   Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??  

Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??   Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??

Hi Devin,

I have a pair of German WW2 binoculars that are painted a similar color. I was told that it was common for a lot of things from all theaters of combat to be painted this ordinance tan color. I could very well be wrong, but this may also be the case for your cleaning kit.

Thanks I thought that maybe the case but I have seen these green most of the time. Have you found any cool items latey?? I am looking for a Japanese helemt to add to my collection if you know anyone that has one for sale. I would even be willing to trade some German stuff.

I do have an amazingly nice Type 90, but I could never sell it. God himself would strike me down...

However, I do have a Japanese civilian helmet that I may let go.

Finding a nice Type 90 has become exceedingly difficult. Most of the ones out there are just shells or are battle damaged relics. The wet, salty conditions in the Pacific was perfect for destroying helmets... especially the pig skin liners, and most Japanese soldiers didn't go down without a fight, so a lot of helmets were damaged.

Thanks but I have a civilian helmet. I know what you mean about it becoming difficult...I should have purchassed one a few years ago before Japanese items were so collectible. Well if you hear of anybody that wants to sell one send them my way if you would. Thanks again!

?

A lot of the late war kits were painted that color as Gizmo8z said.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gun Cleaning Kit...Africa Corps??  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank you for the info

Nice Reinigungsgerät 34.

After 1943, ordnance related items were factory finished for all fronts in Dunkelgelb.

CNX = Gustav Appel, Berlin-Spandau . These were a prolific maker of these items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!