Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gunshow haul

Article about: Well, went to the Winston Salem (nc) gunshow today and came back with a couple of goodies the first one is a 1941 marked y strap, and a k98 bayonet. Paid 80 for the y strap and 125 for the b

Default Gunshow haul

Well, went to the Winston Salem (nc) gunshow today and came back with a couple of goodies the first one is a 1941 marked y strap, and a k98 bayonet. Paid 80 for the y strap and 125 for the bayonet I also got about 15 or 20 cigaret cards for 20 dollars I didn't really count them, I just told him I'd take all of them I also think the bayonet might be tropical because there is a little bit to tan paint left on the scabbard under the frog. Also sorry about side ways pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gunshow haul   Gunshow haul  

Gunshow haul   Gunshow haul  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gunshow haul
    P
    Many

Here are some more pics of the y straps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gunshow haul   Gunshow haul  

Gunshow haul  

That's an interesting reinforcement in those Y-Straps (by the O-Ring)...I don't believe I've ever seen that before ...Thanks for showing...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Two nice pickups,I believe your bayonet scabbard is not German,looks like Polish.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Two nice pickups,I believe your bayonet scabbard is not German,looks like Polish.....Pete.
    Agree, scabbard looks Polish.
    Regards,
    John

the dealer that i bought the y-strsps from had a lot of reproduction stuff, he said the straps were original so i took a chance, I'm glad they are original or else id be out 80 bucks.

WW2 item

here is one like mine i found online

Nice pick ups Warbuff..I also copied your first post and moved it to the K98 bayonet forum for the guys to enjoy your find. If anyone is interested here is the link. Regards Larry

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...w-haul-331028/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice stuff wafbuff Looks like gun shows still have their fair share of militaria haven't been in so many years. Agree with others on your scabbard just what I can see Polish has a shorter ball at the end is not Waa like German Military scabbards. They are painted a OD type or light green and some have a seam down sides of them are lighter in weight. That is not unusual and very well probably came with the 84/98 you show as scabbards got switched around and their are a lot of the foreign ones that fit K98 I have the opposite of your set up I have a Polish WZ 28 bayonet reworked by germans in a German Scabbard and frog of course. Very nice items no doubt original good items. timothy

Default Y straps and bayonet

Polish WZ 28 rework by Germans in German scabbard, frog. Notice triangle on blade of bayonet I think I can see that on the upper part of your scabbard. Screw is in middle German is on side. All in all makes it a more interesting bayonet. regards timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gunshow haul  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast