Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hand held Range or Elevation device Any ideas

Article about: Here again is another bit my picker brought over yesterday, to me it looks like a hand held elevation or range device. I don't even know what to call this thing!! I cannot find a Waffenamp (

?

Default Hand held Range or Elevation device Any ideas

Here again is another bit my picker brought over yesterday, to me it looks like a hand held elevation or range device.
    I don't even know what to call this thing!! I cannot find a Waffenamp (?) on it. Is it Military and WW2?

When it is opened you look through a very small "glass bulb" and you can see a scale, I tried to show the scale, but all you can see in the photo is a white line

Thank you for your help

Dean O
    Canada

Hand held Range or Elevation device Any ideasHand held Range or Elevation device Any ideasHand held Range or Elevation device Any ideasHand held Range or Elevation device Any ideasHand held Range or Elevation device Any ideasHand held Range or Elevation device Any ideasHand held Range or Elevation device Any ideas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hand held Range or Elevation device Any ideas
    P
    Many

Hi Dean,not sure what exactly it is but I can tell you the H6/400 scale is used on ww2 german dienstglas binoculars,as you say could be some sort of handheld range estimator

?

Thank you!! I hope someone has more info as it is an interesting item.

Dean O
    Canada

It's a Deckungswinkelmesser....It's an optical measuring tool to determine the correct Coverage and Field of Fire...
    Glenn

?

Thank you Glenn again!!!!!

NO THANK YOU AGAIN, I just looked up that "name" and I cannot believe how rare these are!!!
    I will have to contact my picker and give him a bit more for this one!!! Selling for 275 Euros..and SOLD

Gotta keep him happy as he does find me some very good items, I do prefer the Non- German WW2 items..but we buy what we can and then trade or sell to enlarge our own collections... it's just seems it is getting harder to find things I want for my collection

Thank You Again!!!!

Dean O
    Canada

Nice Deckungswinkelmesser... Indeed they are pretty rare, and yours is a nice wartime example ( they also exist in post war variations)
    It is part of a german mapcase, that has a special space reserved for this tool.....

I must say 275 is pretty high in my opinion.... 100-150 is a more common price
    Just my .02 cents 😉

Tom

I agree with Tom...I've seen them on German Ebay.de for 80-100 Euros...
    cheers, Glenn