Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"

Article about: I traded for this lot from a fellow in Aachen. The backpack is heavy duty and dated 1938. Inside of it was what looks like a flashlight where you could change the color from clear to red or

Default Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"

I traded for this lot from a fellow in Aachen. The backpack is heavy duty and dated 1938. Inside of it was what looks like a flashlight where you could change the color from clear to red or green, a mess kit tin with "Wm. H. Bork Flaksturmregmt 133 6. armee" written in blue marker and also etched into the metal. Inside was also a little tin box filled with shrapnel pieces as well as one that's too big to fit inside. The repainted civil helmet also came with this lot and I was told belonged to the same vetern- ?~! Here are the pictures, I hope they are in the right spot and I would like all your opinions on it, do these things seem proper together? Oh yes, there was also this tassle thingy with the group. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"   Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"  

Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"   Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"  

Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"   Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"

Nice find.

Anybody know what the tassel was for? Also, what about the repaint? Is it even possible that a flak unit would've had this type of helmet at the end of the war? Could I repaint without damaging this as a set? I know the civil style helmets are common but... I don't want to try and refurbish it if it has any possibility of being period though.

The tassel is a dress parade bayonet knot.

Nice haul

The paint on the helmet looks original to me. I would not touch it.

Cheers, Ade.

The paint on the helmet looks ORIGINAL??? That would seriously make my day for real! I've never seen one painted this ugly before and automatically assumed that it must have been repainted but maybe this guys story was true! Is it possible though that they would've used this type of civi helmet in a flak regiment? Perhaps at the end of the war when nothg else was available? I thought these were used by police and fire peoples only- looking forward to hearing what else you have to say-

IMO the M34 helmet supposed to be black ...

Is the M34 painted green also inside ?

Not unknown to find these black helmets repainted: I think the outer grey paint stands a chance of being wartime applied.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    As it has a leather strap instead of a cloth one, the knot is not a Troddel meant for bayonets, it is a Faustriemen meant for a sabre...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Not unknown to find these black helmets repainted: I think the outer grey paint stands a chance of being wartime applied.

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree with Ade.
    Don't mess with the paint.
    Steve

I think that, most likely, this helmet wouldn't have seen any action... but don't take my word for it

Regards,
    Finn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast