Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch

Article about: i was wondering if the gw/k43 pouch should be on the right or left side on the belt? and what would be the proper belt buckle to use on this set? the ammo pouch is marked Dresden 1942 abd th

Default heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch

i was wondering if the gw/k43 pouch should be on the right or left side on the belt?
    and what would be the proper belt buckle to use on this set?
    the ammo pouch is marked Dresden 1942 abd the gw/k43 is marked bla1942.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch   heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch  

heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch   heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch  

heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch   heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement heer belt with ammo pouch and gw/k43 ammo pouch
    P
    Many

Hello

Pouch should be on the left side (like on my setup )

and are you sure your G43 pouch is dated 42 ?? seems a little odd

Tom

1944 ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

hi. of course marked 1944 : )
    sorry about that!!
    shall i get a field grey buckle with a tab for my humble set?
    eh, is that a DAK set that you have?
    that gun is great looking!!!!!!!
    the whole set up is nice.
    first time i have seen the gun complete with the sharpshooter scope.
    i have only seen the scope without the mount assembly.
    thanx for taking the time looking at my "beginners" set!!

Yes that is a nice setup I have looked at numerous times beautiful G-43 with zf4 scope I owned one many years ago they are a fine rifle I think he is showing a set that could be encountered mid to late war using the canvas items in place of leather rather than specifically DAK I think you could use about any buckle I change them around a lot on my displays I try to keep the mid to late war belts and buckles together but I have acquired sets from vets that were mixed early late war stuff. Many thanks to Tom for showing his setup. timothy

hi Timothy.
    thanx for the answer : )
    i get/got confused concerning when to use field grey buckles or 1936 silver washed buckles.
    is a belt and buckle in your opinion only complete of the buckle has the tab?
    Stig

You're very welcome bittaker not all buckles have a tab this was discontinued about 1942 I think to conserve on leather I have many that do not have tabs I think Peter Nash in book "German Buckles" puts the latest tab on a buckle at 1942 I have a lot of the early ones with tabs but some others without so a belt and buckle could be complete without it happy collecting timothy