Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Ration sack

Article about: Interesting find, well to me anyway! Got this for \\$16 dollars. the previous owner had unstitched it to use as a display base. My mate has one of these, unstitched. You can see that at some s

?

Default Heer Ration sack

Interesting find, well to me anyway! Got this for $16 dollars. the previous owner had unstitched it to use as a display base. My mate has one of these, unstitched.

You can see that at some stage there was an attempt to de-nazify the eagle. But what surprised me is tha it is stamped inside and outside. I thought it was just bleed through from the front stamping, but it is printed correctly on both sides, I can only assume these were made in long bolts of cloth, and stamping the both sidee would make it simpler just to sew them up at the end.....any other theories?

Think I will keep it unstitched, make a nice shelf cover!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Ration sack   Heer Ration sack  

Heer Ration sack   Heer Ration sack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Ration sack
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Ration sack

Hi mate
    I ordered one myself today, its from 1944

?

Just noticed that the eagles head is facing the other way to a heer eagle. My sports eagle and the helmet decals face the other way......is the eagle on the sack a political one????

?

Does make a nice display base!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Ration sack  

Hi Tony, it make a good display.

These are Heer, despite the left facing eagle.

I will relate a funny story. Back in the 1980's a friend of mine bought one of these in Amsterdam, Holland. Coming back through UK Customs, the drugs sniffer dog went nuts over the sack. So he got taken away and strip searched with the old rubber glove treatment! Of course they let him go and he got to keep the sack.

Cheers, Ade.

A nice item, pity about the poor attempt at de-nazification

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Gee ade, that would have not been a pleasant experience!!!! And a rubber glove just adds salt o the wounds!!!

I'm not too concerned over the de nazifaction, the eagle on the other die isn't really affected, and I like items with. Bit of a difference!!!! It was only 16 bucks, and I have seen a couple of complete ones for 35 - 80 bucks, so may pick one up later, for now I know it's genuine, has had a rough life, and now it's mine!!!!!!!

I did some research Ade and apparently it's the national eagle on these......got a bit of a shock as I was laying out my display to see the wrong way head!!!!