Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Hello can someone help me ?

Article about: I found it but seller can 't tell me more about it. seeing at the waffenamt looks like Polizei. It measure 140 cm, and coutures seems in pig hoses maybe cat Thank you for help

?

Default Hello can someone help me ?

I found it but seller can 't tell me more about it.

seeing at the waffenamt looks like Polizei.
    It measure 140 cm, and coutures seems in pig hoses maybe cat

Thank you for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello can someone help me ?
    P
    Many

Could it be for a cavalry equipment ?

How wide is it? Not a standard field equipment strap - possibly cavalry related as mentioned. NH

An equipment strap or belt with a personal / home made repair.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi

Indeed Cavalry related : this is a stirrup strap, with a police WaA stamp if I'm not mistaken...

here an image

and here you can find more info: MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment

Tom

Nicely done Tom. I have seen cavalry related items from time to time. They seem to have different reinforcement around the buckle area. Judging by the photo it is something like catgut. You indicate natural leather on your web page - for the strap or the string?
    I note that other padding and ties used on field equipment and tack were made from rawhide. NH

?

Thank you very much.
    Fortunatly, my cat don 't know read.
    String looks like gut.

Hi guys

Since english is not my native language, sometimes it is difficult to find the good expressions (especially when it comes to technical stuff)

The german expression used in the manuals is "Transparantleder" (transparent leather?)

Indeed, I think it is rawhide, but I am not totally sure about this.......

Tom

?

Well done Guys!!! Your Good!!!

Tom, Your English is excellent - better than some Americans! The word "transparent"as an adjective in German can mean translucent in English. This would be a good description for rawhide since it lacks dye or color and can appear to be translucent - allowing diffuse light through. Amending the translation to translucent leather makes perfect sense. I have also seen the term "ungegerbtesleder"used. The direct translation is untanned leather. Similarly, rawhide lace is used in the Tornister pack to retain the shoulder strap hardware. It seems the Germans made very good use of all manner of hide and leather through WWII. NH