Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with interpretation

Article about: Hi Would there be any chance any of you forum members be able to help me with the translation of these labels ?. They are on a large box I bought a few years ago and use to keep some bits an

Default Help with interpretation

Hi
    Would there be any chance any of you forum members be able to help me with the translation of these labels ?. They are on a large box I bought a few years ago and use to keep some bits and pieces in. Sorry about the picture quality.
    Thanks in advance Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with interpretation   Help with interpretation  

Help with interpretation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with interpretation
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with interpretation

Hi Martin

What have you got in there? Looks good

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick
    At the minute its a bit of a lucky dip. There,s relic M 40 which the previous owner just did,nt paint but dipped it in a thick coat of grey paint and I,m trying to remove at the minute also a bofors round minus the head several bayonets and an extremely sharp kukri plus several other items out of the way.
    Martin

Mate,

8 explosive/propelant charges for 15 cm shell, don't know about the 19 Be.

The smaller writing I'm not sure but if I had to guess I would say that these are the different charge combinations for the different ranges.

It has been stamped invalid.

The small sticker states packed by worker or female worker. Overseen by senior tradesman. The rest is the chemical plant that produced that batch. But since it has been stamped as invallid and no-one has signed off that they have packed it, who knows. I know there are some experts on here who will be able to give you more info on this complex subject.

Jock

Thanks Jock
    What weight would you say them charges would be because the weight of that box (and a well made box it is ) plus the charges you would need to be fair strong people to carry it.

Martin

Martin,

I have no idea but if you fill it with a few brass carts and some propellant, who know maybe double the empty box? The boxes are a standard size, I think only the weight differed.

Jock