Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...

Article about: Greetings Friends, I've come across an Odd One here that I can't quite identify...Seller thinks it's German...I can only speculate that it's either a Late-War Variant that I've never seen be

Default Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...

Greetings Friends,
    I've come across an Odd One here that I can't quite identify...Seller thinks it's German...I can only speculate that it's either a Late-War Variant that I've never seen before or that it's Reissued Captured Stock...
    Your Insights are Appreciated!
    cheers, Glenn

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG5082.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	1067784  
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Italian wwII if i'm not mistaken .....

Tom

Hello,
    Tom is right, that's a WWII italian messkit. But the italian messkit was left unpainted (bare aluminium) when the italian soldier was issued with it. This green paint indicate that this italian messkit was reissued to the german army...so not german but used by the german army....hope it helps...
    Thanks
    "I didn't use any weapon in combat during the war, but i killed hundreds, perhaps thousands of men...they're now at the bottom of the sea"
    Walter Borg (ex-MI-6, groupe Mounier) Agent and radio operator in Tunisia and Italy between 1941 and 1945. Arrested twice, tortured twice, escaped twice, survived the war...

"The future torments us, the past holds us, that is why the present escapes us."
    Gustave Flaubert

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)