Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack

Article about: I bought this rucksack on eBay the other week, and today it arrived. As the text in the ad didn't tell much about it, just that is was an old army rucksack with a small photo I took a chance

appie
    ?

Default Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack

I bought this rucksack on eBay the other week, and today it arrived. As the text in the ad didn't tell much about it, just that is was an old army rucksack with a small photo I took a chance to bid on it, as the buckles seemed German to me. I never saw a German WH or LW rucksack with this type of buckles (the ones with the teeth), but everthing is D&C marked, even the larger D-rings to hook onto the Y-straps. It came with to leather straps, one being a cut up K98k sling, and the other being something French.
    Overall it looks German to me, the zinc buttons on in inside, the material and the colour, but I simply never seen this model before.
    Maybe its late war? Or maybe its not German at all?
    It's got some numbers here and there, but no WaA or RBN's, which would be a good give-away, so if anybody can make a indentification on this item I would love to hear!
    I paid 24 euro's incl PP for it, what seems a fair price to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack   Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack  

Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack   Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack

Hello,
    no problem with this backpack, it is a perfectly legit WWII german one, tropical/late war type. It was issued without carrying straps to be fitted to Y-straps D rings.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

appie
    ?

Thank you JPhilip! It seems to me this is a LW one as the buckles are blue-grey instead of fieldgrey. Pitty there is no date mark on it, but I think I did well for that price.

Hi Appie, here is mine. It is unmarked.

Your paid a good price.

I would say it is Heer.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack   Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack  

Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack   Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack  

Help wanted on WH/LW Rucksack  

Hello,
    I would say Heer as well
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

appie
    ?

Thanks Adrian! Yours is in very good condition.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.