Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Hensoldt Wetzlar Jagd Dyalit 7x42 with original case and straps

Article about: I guess I'm just a sucker for any kind of old optics... they fascinate me, and it is a fairly usable collectible, which is why I'm not interested in them if they are stuck, super foggy, in d

Default Hensoldt Wetzlar Jagd Dyalit 7x42 with original case and straps

I guess I'm just a sucker for any kind of old optics... they fascinate me, and it is a fairly usable collectible, which is why I'm not interested in them if they are stuck, super foggy, in display only condition...

These have probably been in the case for 50 years and were virtually stuck, Hensoldt Dyalit of this vintage (these are commonly accepted to be 1936-1943 vintage) are generally very hard to focus on account of the focusing bridge wheel being nearly impossible to turn. As well the right side diopter adjustment on this one wasn't far behind the other. Not stuck, but close.

After some lubing of both with Ballistol (mixed with a tiny bit of lighter fluid on the diopter) and working back and forth over the course of a couple days, everything works fairly well, and even though the edges of the sight picture is a little soft by today's standards, they are still a great pairs of glasses! Once focused properly, they have a very wide range, quite sharp from 50 meters to infinity and they render color fairly well. Without any coating whatsoever, they actually have less color fringing than some very decent glasses I've owned.

These are not issue of course, civilian "hunting" glasses, but who knows how they were used during the war? They have a very early (more than likely pre-war) serial number, and the case has a GI's name on it.

Something a little different from the usual Dienstglas ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hensoldt Wetzlar Jagd Dyalit 7x42 with original case and straps
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up

I also have a thing for binoculars and rifle scopes.
    I've got a couple of pairs of the military glasses, mine have black cases. One is marked - 7 x 56 Hensoldt Wetzler 19777 Nacht-Dialyt/frn 44 case & straps - Trophy papers. Don't remember what the other one is.
    Sarge

nice sets gentlemen,i know the feeling of 'being a sucker for optics' they are fascinating things,repairing them can be interesting as well.i use ballistol as well,superb lubricant and all round oil

Sarge, what are those Nacht Dyalit like, do they focus very easily, are they nice to look through, ever try em around dusk? Sounds like a really neatly marked pair, is the FRN44 up on the area where the prisms join the center frame? Otherwise they are still marked Hensoldt Wetzlar like the civilian versions?

?

Have to take them out and see how they are. IF I remember correctly both have exc optiks.
    2 my surprise when I got them out to look at them just now they are both marked alike - I thought one pr was a bit different. The binos are ser nr'd a bit differently tho.
    The frn 44 is on the bottom of the locking catch on the case, on both pr. No other markings on either case. Neither has the filters in the lid, again I thought one did.
    Sarge