Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hensoldt Wetzler Ziel Dialyt 3x scope in case My latest acquisition for your thoughts

Article about: Hi All I am new to the forum but have been collecting now for some years, it is good to make new friends with a similar interest and get advice from more experienced collectors. When I have

Default Hensoldt Wetzler Ziel Dialyt 3x scope in case My latest acquisition for your thoughts

Hi All

I am new to the forum but have been collecting now for some years, it is good to make new friends with a similar interest and get advice from more experienced collectors. When I have a chance I will post some pictures of my collection.

I have here my latest acquisition for your thoughts, an Hensoldt Wetzler Ziel Dialyt 3x scope in case. It has the markings 1./ J.R.8. on one side and I believe the rifle number on the other Gw No. 6596 a. The optics are perfect and it still has it's four post sight, and the over all condition is excellent for it's age. Can any one please let me know what the unit marking are, 1./ J.R.8
    Strait out of the wood work, never been in a collection.
    Thanks
    Mal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hensoldt Wetzler Ziel Dialyt 3x scope in case My latest acquisition for your thoughts
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hensoldt Wetzler Ziel Dialyt 3x scope in case My latest acquisition for your thoughts

Any help with the unit markings.

Default Re: Hensoldt Wetzler Ziel Dialyt 3x scope in case My latest acquisition for your thoughts

don't quote me on this but i believe J.R means heer unit the 1 i would assume is the battalion and the 8 i think is the date
    (1908)
    edit* its battalion not company opps

tom
    Last edited by talltom; 11-03-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: i made a bo bo

"1/I.R.8"I guess it is: 1 Battalion/Infantry Regiment. 8
    Infanterieregiment 8 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    An the “GW. No. 6596a” I would say was the production number of the rifle it belonged to

Best regards from Norway

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I have been informed that the mounts are commercial ones.

Regards
    Mal

Commercial mounts or no, that's a beauty of a scope. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by REICHCOLLECTOR View Post
    Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I have been informed that the mounts are commercial ones.

Regards
    Mal
    Glad to help!
    A very nice scope!

Best regards from Norway

Many thanks again

It came from an elderly gentleman who's father brought it home from from the war with a number of medals. Just got to find the right rifle for it now.

Regards
    Mal

Hello,

Can't help but notice this Hensoldt Wetzler Ziel Dialyt 3x scope. Do you still have it and are interested in selling it ?

Thank You,
    Vincent W

Hi Vincent
    Yes still have it, I am selling my entire collection. Please feel free to make an offer.
    Regards Mal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast