Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Höhenrechenschieber MHR1 U-Boat Cylindrical Slide Rule

Article about: Hello, My name is David and I'm new to the forum. I've been a Third Reich militaria collector for many years (Heer metals and insignia in particular, as well as paper documents) and after a

Default Höhenrechenschieber MHR1 U-Boat Cylindrical Slide Rule

Hello,

My name is David and I'm new to the forum. I've been a Third Reich militaria collector for many years (Heer metals and insignia in particular, as well as paper documents) and after a short hiatus I would like to become more involved in the hobby again. This is a strange introduction, but currently I work for Goodwill (a non-profit charitable organization in the United States) which accepts donated items like clothes, furniture, etc, and sells them cheaply to people with low income and uses the proceeds for social programs. Sometimes at Goodwill we receive donations that include antiques, collectibles, gold and silver, rare artwork, etc. These items are pulled aside and sent to me, where I sell them online instead of letting them get sold in a retail store for a couple of bucks. One item that came across my desk a few days ago was this:

shopgoodwill.com - #11097560 - RARE MHR-1 Hhenrechenschieber U-Boat Slide Rule - 8/4/2012 8:13:00 PM

I have only ever seen one of these for sale before on ebay.uk, and because it is not an item which people may be actively looking for I wanted to give as many Kriegsmarine collectors as possible a heads up. Let me make it clear that I am not selling this item personally, and I benefit in no way whatsoever from people bidding on this item. I don't get paid extra at work, I don't get any kind of incentive, I just know that there are are a select few who collect these types of slide rules and don't have many opportunities to bid on them. I wanted to buy this item for myself and bid on it, so I haven't been doing myself any favors by advertising this.

Anyway, I'm not just a passer through. I plan on posting some pictures of my collection and actively participating in some of the other sections. Mods, if there is anything wrong with me linking to an auction site please feel free to scrap this post. I look forward to meeting you all, learning from your experience, and sharing whatever information I have to offer.

Cheers,

David Fischer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Höhenrechenschieber MHR1 U-Boat Cylindrical Slide Rule
    P
    Many