Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Holster: opinions please

Article about: Hi Guys, I am posting this on behalf of forum member Gary Bryan. Gary had this for sale as a P08 Luger holster and I expressed my concerns about it. While the general outline shape is simila

Default Holster: opinions please

Hi Guys, I am posting this on behalf of forum member Gary Bryan.

Gary had this for sale as a P08 Luger holster and I expressed my concerns about it. While the general outline shape is similar, the flap is deeper and what about the pouch under the flap?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture10.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	326601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture12.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	326602  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture8.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	326603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture11.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	326604  

Name:	Picture14.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	326606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture9.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	326607  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Holster: opinions please

discription it is iregular the reason i thought it was for a po8 is the nocthed half moon cut out on the magazine well nothing notes or stamped saying wether it is for a po8 or p38 my p38 fits the holster perfectly. only reason i purchased this holster is the markings the maker and the dates also the waffen eagle and inspection number 280 lower end of holster my buddy had a p38 holster with the same waffen marks. this is the small ones also found on german p38,s and many other gun and bayonet parts. i didnt pay a arm and leg but it dam sure has 60+ years of age in it and smell also. could this be someone cutting the nocth on the well to place a po8 mag inside . Or it was done by the sodat who was issued it.

me thinks ive solved my own mystery. after closer exiamination i discovered the holster to have the nocth cut into the leather magazine pouch on the holster themselves. Furthermore the length of the leather magazine pouch for this holster is 51/2" long it fit my p38 magazine but there was 1 1/2 inches still to go. So my best guess is that the owner cut the nocth to stop his po8 magazine from sliding past the top thus making it less of a pain to get out. i believe this nazi marked holster was orignally made to house the FN-browning Pistole 640(B) had a 13 round magazine. end of story sorry aderian you had every right to pull it cause it isnt a p38 or a po8 holster. still made for the german war effort if keon-41 is a maker or factory location in either germany or belgium id love to know the german waffen stamp and the number 280 is a know inspector number for the german army that i am sure of. anymore help will be appreciated tell me what you think guys.

Hi Gary, certainly not a German made FN Browning Pistole 640(B) holster. I have one they are very different in design. See the pics of mine.

Now regarding WaA280, this was not used on holsters. See here for the items it is known to be used upon.

http://claus.espeholt.dk/mediearkiv/waae.pdf

If you look up the marking WaA 195 which is found on my holster it appears on the list for known products with this number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hi Power Holster 006.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	326728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hi Power Holster 004.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	326730  

Name:	Hi Power Holster 003.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	326732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hi Power Holster 002.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	326733  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yeah a deffinate mystery holster here the number 280 no wa no letters the waffen stamp is the real deal maybee someone had a stamp and did it to make it look war used im going to scold the seller for passing fakes on e bay im sick of this.

Quote by Gary Bryan View Post
    Yeah a deffinate mystery holster here the number 280 no wa no letters the waffen stamp is the real deal maybee someone had a stamp and did it to make it look war used im going to scold the seller for passing fakes on e bay im sick of this.
    there is no better education then knowing you have been burned.

Does anyone know what language the Keon-91 is? At first blush I thought Norwegian . Just speculation but could this be a modern holster?

It not P38 holster, as Ade pointed out the flap. Also the Extra mag pouch is a sign to me. havnt seen examples with mag pouch not under the flap.

Looks like the style for p1 holster... Maybe

Good catch ade

your absoute right i looked up inspection 280 they were into a lot of different things mostly gun parts no holsters mentioned pluss my idea that someone obtained a real inspectors stamp and stamped old non used holsters with it made a cheap buck spoiled the market somewhat im glad i didnt pay the going price on these holsters i should have known better if its to good to be true it probaly isnt true.

Hi Gary, at the big shows in the UK you can buy brand new fake WaA die stamps.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast