Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!

Article about: Hi Guys, I bought this home made rucksack in Chemnitz from a big warehouse which sells old "junk". See my thread in the After the Battle forum for pics from my trip. As you can see

Default Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!

Hi Guys, I bought this home made rucksack in Chemnitz from a big warehouse which sells old "junk".

SBS DEKO - Willkommen in einer anderen Welt!

See my thread in the After the Battle forum for pics from my trip.

As you can see, it was made from a Heer ration bag and some Luftwaffe webbing straps.

The eagle, even though it was on the inside, had been censored out with black ink. Remember that where the rucksack came from was once "Karl - Marx Stadt" in the DDR.

The price was 8 Euros, but when I took it to the counter to pay the store owner he said it was rather dirty, so it is only 5 Euros. I did not even try to haggle as it was so cheap to start with!

I like items like this which tell a story.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!   Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!  

Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!   Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!  

Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!   Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!  

Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Home made rucksack. Post war shortages!
    P
    Many

This is a great piece. Thanks for showing and the price :-)

Brilliant bargain Ade!....