Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Horse Gas Mask

Article about: by harryamb2 I have a horse but NO gas mask.--------lol. Lol darn horse around here anymore is more than a used car. Horse TR items are difficult to locate anymore and going up in price TR f

?

Default Horse Gas Mask

Hi Everyone,
    At the collectors club last night, one of the members brought in something I'd not seen before. At first I thought it was a old Madonna bra - till he told me - its a WW2 Horse Gas Mask without the filters made 1942. Here's are couple of photos - who knows, perhaps there are collectors of horse gas masks out there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Horse Gas Mask   Horse Gas Mask  

Horse Gas Mask   Horse Gas Mask  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Horse Gas Mask
    P
    Many

Default Re: Horse Gas Mask

Thanks for showing the pics, its a WW2 German Pferdegasmaske 41 (Horse Gas Mask 41) made by Auer. Looks to be a good one too, pity that its missing the filters and carrier though this website had some photo's of a complete example and it in use, just click on the German M icon at the top and scroll down until you find it : http://gasmasklexikon.com/Page/Start01.htm

Thanks

Danny

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    At the collectors club last night, one of the members brought in something I'd not seen before. At first I thought it was a old Madonna bra - till he told me - its a WW2 Horse Gas Mask without the filters made 1942. Here's are couple of photos - who knows, perhaps there are collectors of horse gas masks out there.
    Hi tHere ,
    Are there any for sale ? Wondered if so how much ?
    Regards Rob

?

Hi Rob,
    I'll ask the owner if he wants to sell his horse gas mask, I've a feeling he well might ( he's mainly a medal collector). Trouble is I only bump into him every now & again, I will ask him, but it may be some time before I can give you a definite reply. Weeks.
    Regards

?

Hello Rob,
    Spoke yesterday evening with the owner of the horse gas mask. He's found a case for it on ebay and says he wants to keep it.
    Regards

Hi,
    These horse gas masks are the hardest ones to find, the bags to carry them are out there for sure, but filters are near impossible to get by themselves. I have a similare horse gas mask with a lovely pair of goggles for the horse as well but am also missing the bag and filters. I will be happy to sell them on to any interested parties...email damienhorn1@gmail.com
    Many years ago these horse gas masks were like chickens teeth over here in Jersey, and that always mystified me as we had hundreds of German horses here during the German Occupation. When I was about 18 a friend alerted me to a find he had had on the local dunes. I went with him to investigate and I must have come away with around 300 sets of the bakelite cones which had been buried for so long that there were not web straps left at all. I still have a box of them somewhere in a shed. They were so rare that when I got them I was getting £20 a pair of cones...that was money back then.
    All the best,
    D.

Hello
    I have a slightly damaged gas mask like this with googles for the horse as well. It is all for sale. mail me "email adress removed" for pictures and info
    Last edited by MP44tom; 03-22-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Hello Alex

Welcome to the forum....

This is not a "for sale" forum, but more a forum to ask questions , show items, etc.

If you want to sell, then please go to the classifieds section !

You are more then welcome to show pictures of the mask itself here

Tom

Totally agree real hard to find mask the bubble goggles are hard also I don't see them much anymore. timothy

I have a horse but NO gas mask.--------lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast