Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I.D. help please

Article about: Hi all. Here are some new finds recently from N.France. I may have found a spot where a 20mm flak gun was destroyed. Right geographical area, excellent defensive position (cross roads, high

Default I.D. help please

Hi all. Here are some new finds recently from N.France. I may have found a spot where a 20mm flak gun was destroyed. Right geographical area, excellent defensive position (cross roads, high ground etc). Just below the surface 3m from roadside. A huge amount of live and exploded (brass and steel) 20mm pieces. Many box parts, hinges, clasps, well the steel parts anyway with burnt wood still apparent. Also what appears to be M39 fuses, 50+. Away from here into the woods we come into a large clearing with small observation/defensive trenches, overlooking a huge valley. Not much to find here, although my exploded flak gun seems to be 'undug', there wasn't much left around the small trenches, (live 9mm, buttons) looks like I was beaten to it. So here are a few pics, but I would be pleased if someone can tell me what the first 2 images may be. My first thoughts were of trip wire guides as they were dotted around the perimeter of this area. Some effort has gone into making it. Steel tube inserted through drilled wood and then flared out at each end, as if to guide wires smoothly at an angle. One piece of wood has small screw through it as if to screw it to a wooden post or tree trunk. I could of course just have an over imaginative imagination though. Any suggestions I would be very grateful. Oh and also this odd aluminium piece, I thought maybe aircraft part as if you look closely the rivets are designed to sit perfectly flush (aerodynamic?) Remains of material left around rivets appear to be very dense wood or some kind of fibre board. Knowing how even the most obscure stuff, when presented to this forum usually gets i.d.'d I hope someone can advise. Kind regards, (sorry for mixed order of pics,not sure how to get them into order)I.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help pleaseI.D. help please Francis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I.D. help please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I.D. help please
    P
    Many