Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I need help/ more info on this Deutsche Luftwaffe White Armbind

Article about: I have just bought this Deutsche Luftwaffe White Armbind, I am not sure about it, but I have found some similar with this info: The item features nice detail and was issued to personnel work

Default I need help/ more info on this Deutsche Luftwaffe White Armbind

I have just bought this Deutsche Luftwaffe White Armbind, I am not sure about it, but I have found some similar with this info:
    The item features nice detail and was issued to personnel working in operational quarters, intelligence and ground reconnaissance operations. The armband does not glow under a black light

On the sign on the back it says:
    Wii- Blirger- Division, and nr 183. Is Bliger Division correct or does it say something else ?

Can anyone give me more info, and perhaps a link where I can read more.

Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I need help/ more info on this Deutsche Luftwaffe White Armbind   I need help/ more info on this Deutsche Luftwaffe White Armbind  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need help/ more info on this Deutsche Luftwaffe White Armbind
    P
    Many

Default Re: I need help/ more info on this Deutsche Luftwaffe White Armbind

Hi John, I really wished you had asked about this before you bought it.

The stamp says "VII Flieger Division". Had you know that, you would have been able to research in seconds that this was a FJ Division. The stamp is early style note the droop tail eagle. The Division was redesignated as 1st FJ Division in 1943.

So now you have problems.

These armbands were a later war item. They were worn by aircrew to show their nationality, as due to the increasing Allied air attacks over Germany, aircrew who bailed out were sometimes lynched by German civillians who had been subject to bombing. These were not worn by Paratroopers.

I would send it back.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade
    Thank you for a very elaborate ID, the armbind is OK, I was not looking for a particulary paratroopers armbind.
    Regards
    John

Hi John, sorry but I think it is fake....

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade
    Crap, then I will just "kill" my dealer :-). No, I will write to him and tell him that it is perhaps fake, normally he then gives me a compensation (a free medal etc). His name is Søren Bay and he is selling a lot of Wii stuff here in Denmark.
    Regards
    John