Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Identification of German Gloves – 4 finger sections.

Article about: Hi guys – accept a new user from Kiev I have these pair of black leather Gloves, I strongly believe they are German as there are typical German buckles and straps and natural fleece in

Default Identification of German Gloves – 4 finger sections.

Hi guys – accept a new user from Kiev

I have these pair of black leather Gloves, I strongly believe they are German as there are typical German buckles and straps and natural fleece interior, but no markings. Can’t find anyway any information about such type – four finger section, on Russian forums nobody can’t tell me clear information as well.
    Hope here I would find the answer.

Kind Regards. Pavel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification of German Gloves – 4 finger sections.   Identification of German Gloves – 4 finger sections.  

Identification of German Gloves – 4 finger sections.   Identification of German Gloves – 4 finger sections.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identification of German Gloves – 4 finger sections.
    P
    Many

CMc
    ?

Default Re: Identification of German Gloves – 4 finger sections.

Hi,

I'm far from an expert, but it seems plausible to me that they're German WWII pieces. Not sure whether they're of a known type, but I do remember reading that during the desperations of winter on the Eastern Front, all sorts of stuff was sent up to the front to act as cold-weather gear, (which was supposedly in short supply as a drawn-out campaign in the East hadn't been anticipated by the German High Command, so winter gear hadn't initially been issued) including donated or otherwise acquired civilian clothes.

Plus the Wehrmacht found itself capturing military and civilian cold-weather gear from everyone they came into contact with at points, so if they're not German military-pattern they could quite possibly be from one of those sources.

Regards condition, they do look used and not of recent manufacture to me, but again there will be people on here with more expertise than myself who can give you more info. Where did you find them?

Hi, thanks a lot for your oppinion, I bought them on the floh market together with other ww2 nazi german staff. The seller told me the gloves were from Luftwaffe, but as far as I know that kind had a three finger sections. Once I saw the gloves I have sold on eBay for 300$ and they figured as ww2 german.

Is anybody else able to help out our new member with this?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

jh92
    ?

After searching google I am confident they are WWII german, but not sure what exactly. Maybe Luftwaffe?

Hm, would anybody tell the aprox. price on them.
    Last edited by anarchist; 03-09-2010 at 03:32 PM.