Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Impregnated paper "container"

Article about: I got this at a yard sale for a couple bucks. I know it is military, and the fact that it is made out of impregnated paper makes me think it is german. Also there is only one marking which i

jh92
    ?

Default Re: Impregnated paper "container"

Great more junk Is it worth anything?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Impregnated paper "container"

Depends. If you are a collector of shipping cases or Protective Equipment it could be priceless but as an unknown object it's not worth more than 5 USD. When you are looking at WWII surplus or bring backs, ignore your first impression to grab it up. Look at the object as an old thing and look for the things that don't look/feel right. cloth should be cotton not nylon, metal should have a patina, and there should be signs of wear/use in the normal places the hands/belt would touch.

A good place to start is yard sales in small towns where the seller is a Vet or is the son/daughter/wife of a Vet.

Second is read the posts here and look at the photos and get to know what older stuff look like, and even smells like.

Find me a Leica III B or Leica III C in Green paint with an H on the cloth shutter (Heer/Army) or a Grey paint with a K on the curtain (Kreigsmarine/Navy) or a Blue/grey paint with an L on the shitter (Luftwaffe/Air Corps) and you can expect top dollar (10K USD minimum). I know because in 1982 I found a Kreigsmarine Leica III C in Ames, Iowa at a yard sale for 25 USD and sold it in San Francisco to a Japanese collector for 9800 USD.

I feel like one of the guys on "Antiques Roadshow"...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2