Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Info on canteen needed please

Article about: Could someone tell me a bit about this canteen. Was told it could be sa or hitler youth. Any info appreciated.

?

Default Info on canteen needed please

Could someone tell me a bit about this canteen. Was told it could be sa or hitler youth. Any info appreciated.

Info on canteen needed pleaseInfo on canteen needed pleaseInfo on canteen needed pleaseInfo on canteen needed please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info on canteen needed please
    P
    Many

?

Hey Visor. Thanks for posting. Wish I was an expert water-canteen-boy to tell you SA or Youth or other. I have no clue but just assuming SA based on color scheme but that is a total guess. Picture is blurry a bit but is the cap marked m6/35/38? It also looks like number is engraved or stamped matching around throat of bottle as well. Have not seen a metal / clasp / clip like that before. I am seeing RZM etched or stamped on the end of the metal clasp? Is this correct? I am not sure on scale / size but it looks like a smaller capacity .7 canteen to me. Interesting and anxious to hear what the group thinks.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hey Visor. Thanks for posting. Wish I was an expert water-canteen-boy to tell you SA or Youth or other. I have no clue but just assuming SA based on color scheme but that is a total guess. Picture is blurry a bit but is the cap marked m6/35/38? It also looks like number is engraved or stamped matching around throat of bottle as well. Have not seen a metal / clasp / clip like that before. I am seeing RZM etched or stamped on the end of the metal clasp? Is this correct? I am not sure on scale / size but it looks like a smaller capacity .7 canteen to me. Interesting and anxious to hear what the group thinks.
    Hi Rossi, the cap and body are marked as you say. These canteens are fairly common, the clasp I have seen a few times, not sure if marked rzm. The one I posted is rzm marked.

More info on the clasp would be awesome. Just need to know where a canteen like this should be displayed. Most I see are labeled as political.

?

Hey Visor...Was surfing the forum tonight and came across this old thread. Hope this helps with the canteen detail search. The canteens shown in the thread link have same RZM marked type Clip as yours and have the features of the canteen you posted.

Old Thread below:

RZM Marked Canteen

Rossi

Nice non Military canteen NSDAP political use such as SA etc. nice condition. timothy

?

Thanks Timothy,

With Visor's SA/NSDAP canteen I have looked at RZM M6/35/38. I know the code " M6 " characterizes the manufacturing of aluminum, "35" is an unknown manufacturer I can't find (? Kochgeschirr Essgeschirr - Maybe..Unsure as that is all I can find ?) and the number "38" for the year of manufacture is " 1938 ". Have seen this code on the attached mess kit photo in the past. Do you know who the maker of the canteen is for Visor?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice non Military canteen NSDAP political use such as SA etc. nice condition. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info on canteen needed please