Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

An interesting find

Article about: I recently picked these up along with a lot of other Third Reich and German documents from a seller on eBay. I started to look through his other items and these caught my eye. As he was alre

Default An interesting find

I recently picked these up along with a lot of other Third Reich and German documents from a seller on eBay. I started to look through his other items and these caught my eye. As he was already combing shipping and they were £0.99 I put a bid in and I ended up winning the auction. They were named as WW2 period wooden cigar holders and I thought they would make a nice addition toast German uniform. However I wondered if anybody could tell me anything or your option on these items. I'll post the pictures and description I was given by they seller as they have not yet arrived

Description given by seller
    THESE ARE AN ORIGINAL BOX OF WOODEN HOLDERS FOR THE GERMAN SOLDIER TO SMOKE HIS CIGGAR . MADE FROM BIRCH I BELIVE AND WRAPPED IN OLD GERMAN NEWSPAPER. I RECENTLY CAME ACROSS A NUMBER OF THESE BOXES IN AUSTRIA AND HAVE FOUND THAT EACH BOX CONTAINS AROUND 11 TO 12 HOLDERS PER BOX, I EVEN USE ONE MYSELF WHEN IM ENJOYING A CIGGAR AND THEY WORK AND LOOK GREAT. YOU ARE BIDDING ON ONE GREEN UNOPENED BOX ONLY.
    PERFECT FOR YOUR DISPLAY OF GERMAN WARTIME PERSONEL GEAR .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An interesting find   An interesting find  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An interesting find
    P
    Many

Default Re: An interesting find

Interesting! I do know that there was quite a cottage industry producing such items for the troops; My German great-grandmother rolled cigarillos for the German Army...You may be able to glean some information as to date and location by clues in the newspaper wrapping....cheers, Glenn