Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!! But is it?? A Copy but not a reproduction!!

Article about: Hi All, Please view the photos in sequence and I will explain. 1. A regualr Nazi period swastica national flag? 2. Detail of the white disc and swastica. 3/4. Obverse of flag showing details

Default Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!! But is it?? A Copy but not a reproduction!!

Hi All, Please view the photos in sequence and I will explain.Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!!  But is it??  A Copy but not a reproduction!!Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!!  But is it??  A Copy but not a reproduction!!Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!!  But is it??  A Copy but not a reproduction!!Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!!  But is it??  A Copy but not a reproduction!!Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!!  But is it??  A Copy but not a reproduction!!Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!!  But is it??  A Copy but not a reproduction!!Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!!  But is it??  A Copy but not a reproduction!!
    1. A regualr Nazi period swastica national flag?
    2. Detail of the white disc and swastica.
    3/4. Obverse of flag showing details of stitching to disc, swastica and fly.
    5. Reverse side of flag.
    6. Reverse of flag showing details of stitching to disc and swastica.

The field is a single piece of material with a round hole cut out and a white disc stitched into the hole. A swastica shaped hole has been cut into the disc and a similar shaped white insert sewn into the hole thus making the flag non reversable. All very un German but however, a standard flag loft method of manufacture.

7. The give away. The photo shows the hoist and the flag size in Royal Navy terms "2 yard". This is a RN flag loft made courtesy flag with wooden toggle fitment. Prior to the commencement of WWII, RN ships carried swastica national flags and this is one that did not end up as rags. An unusual Nazi flag and I would imagine quite a rare item?? What do you think?? Your comments please.
    Wit best wishes Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!!  But is it??  A Copy but not a reproduction!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!! But is it?? A Copy but not a reproduction!!

I think this is a great item!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Re: Interesting Swastica National German Flag!!! But is it?? A Copy but not a reproduction!!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I think this is a great item!
    +1
    Regards,
    John

I can't say that I've ever run into another such flag! It looks completely original and must almost certainly be as rare as frog's hair. Nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

What in the world would they use this for!?

Hi Adrian, Thank you for your message and comment.
    Regards and best wishes Michael R

Hi Ob, Thank you for your message and question. If you visit any USN ship they will carry courtesy flags for most if not all the countries who have navies around the world and when visitig ports etc, they will fly the national flag of the nation. Prior to the commencement of WWII, The Royal Navy would have considered the Kriegsmarine as a friendly navy and have carried their national flag ergo a swastica flag.
    Regards Michael R

I have seen one of these before and as was stated they were flown when visiting other nations, though obviously after the commencement of hostilities they would have just been stored.

Certainly not commonly seen and a good pick up. I have also seen British made examples for other nations as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

LOL - frog's hair. More rare than a similar Third Reich
    era German flag. Great piece.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Jerry, Thank you for your comments. Yes, I have several other examples of RN made national flags. I am not so sure about "stored", more likely shredded!! Thank you once again Regards Michael R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast