Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jersey Plates taken on liberation day

Article about: Can any body help me with the attcahed the smalldish cam from the Merton hotel on Liberation day, I'm not sure anouyt the other one. Thanks PUL

Default Jersey Plates taken on liberation day

Jersey Plates taken on liberation dayJersey Plates taken on liberation dayJersey Plates taken on liberation dayJersey Plates taken on liberation day

Can any body help me with the attcahed the smalldish cam from the Merton hotel on Liberation day, I'm not sure anouyt the other one.

Thanks

PUL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jersey Plates taken on liberation day
    P
    Many

?

Those are nice.

Default Jersey plates

Good Original Luftwaffe items here is a bowl of mine. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jersey Plates taken on liberation day  

Thanks guys,

Tim was your bowel from Jersey too? Do you know what the F.L U.V means? I’m not really a crockery man and these sort of fell in to my lap.

Quote by engptyrr View Post
    Thanks guys,

Do you know what the F.L U.V means?
    Flieger Unterkunft Verwaltung (German: Flight Barracks Administration)
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you, this ties in that the bigger plate came from the Airport and the smaller one from the Lufft HQ at the Merton Hotel. Thank you guys

Hi,
    Why do you believe the bigger plate came from the airport and the smaller one from the Merton.... is this fact or are you assuming? This is standard canteen messhall crockery and would have been at many locations around the Island. It would be great if your pieces had provenance, otherwise they really could be from anywhere.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.

All i can tell you, these are original period items.
    Really nice to have.

Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by engptyrr View Post
    Thanks guys,

Tim was your bowel from Jersey too? Do you know what the F.L U.V means? I’m not really a crockery man and these sort of fell in to my lap.
    No engptyrr father brought it back he was only in Europe France, Germany Belgium Jerry answered the F.L.U.V mark most of these are referred to as mess hall crockery. Still nice pair you have. timothy

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    Why do you believe the bigger plate came from the airport and the smaller one from the Merton.... is this fact or are you assuming? This is standard canteen messhall crockery and would have been at many locations around the Island. It would be great if your pieces had provenance, otherwise they really could be from anywhere.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Hi Jersey 34,

The small one was taken from the Merton on May 9th with a helmet and some other items, this was confirmed by the old boy that took it, he had no reason to lie and is an honest old Jerrais, he was down sizing and his adult children didn't want them, he wife was sick of moving them and the plate came to me.

the larger one well , it was swapped many years ago for a couple of helmet taken out of the tunnels in early 50's, they said it was taken from airport, less reliable as pboth parties have passed away.

How much do they go?

Cheers

Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast