Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 ammo pouches

Article about: Hello all, I have another novice question. I am putting together an average Heer infantry equipment load. How important / correct is it that the pair of ammo pouches match or be close to mat

?

Default K98 ammo pouches

Hello all,
    I have another novice question. I am putting together an average Heer infantry equipment load. How important / correct is it that the pair of ammo pouches match or be close to matching? I have a total of 4 and not a pair in them. Were they mismatched in the field? I want to be historically correct. If it helps the belt and Y straps are late war. Thanks.

Regards,
    Will

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 ammo pouches
    P
    Many

Hello,
    You can do what you want, no need to use a matching pair to be historically accurate, period photos show every combination of ammo pouches used....matching, mismatched, riveted with sewn, riveted horizontally with riveted vertically, M1911 with M1909 pouches etc....your only enemy here is anachronism, just dont use a RBNr riveted pouch to equip a Landser during the polish campaign and you'll be fine...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

JPhilip,
    Thanks for the quick response. My goal is just what would have been average and common late war. What Private/Corporal Schmuckatelli would have worn when fighting in ____________. (fill in blank with random location). Thanks again for the help.

Good advice offered. Anything past 1941 would be a mixed bag. They are not expensive to purchase as you probably know. I would just eye a set that looks good together and use them. NH

?

Thanks Neil, I really appreciate the help.