Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Ammunition pouch, real or fake?

Article about: Hi there, This looks okay to me from the single picture but can it be told from the picture if it's real or fake? Not much time! Thanks! Robbie

?

Default K98 Ammunition pouch, real or fake?

Hi there,
    This looks okay to me from the single picture but can it be told from the picture if it's real or fake? Not much time!
    Thanks!
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Ammunition pouch, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: K98 Ammunition pouch, real or fake?

with these they are normally dated on the back ,email the seller and ask him to look,also there is a fair in Watford sunday ,it might be better to look there

It would help to see the back, but they look original to me as well Robbie.

Jay

?

Thanks Jay, I bought it (was £30 a good price?) and I'll post pictures when I get it. If it's bad I can always try to return it. And Nigel, I'm afraid I'll be in Poores working again on Sunday! Thanks for the idea, anyway.
    Regards,
    Robbie

Across the pond you can get a set (2) for anywhere $40-$50 mismatched. Matched $100, maybe a little more. I dont know if it the same rate over in Europe though. Few years ago you could get them for $25 set. Missed out on that deal.

BTW usally on fake or repro ammo pouches the pepeling is off. Most of the time it is to big. When you see the back is when you know for sure (rivets, dateing style). Just because Ammo pouch has a date it doesnt mean it orignal like everything els in this hobby.

These are real, anybody can see that from a mile away. Well worn early model, with the double belts (front and back). Bit to expensive as they would cost you only about 20 to 25 euros overhere in this condition. The deal these days is to find an original set of matching numbers, they go from 100 euors upwards.

looks like I had better start shopping in Luxembourg as £30 is about the going rate over here

not sure what time poores opens on sunday but if it is 11am the fair opens at nine so you may have time for a quick look

30 pounds is a bit to expensive ford369, that would work out something like 35 euros (depending on the rate) as they go for 20-25 euros here. Having said that you would loose that tenner on the postage I reckon! But have a look on the flea-bays in Europe to compare the prices.
    I picked up a very rare maker the other day for 25 euros; a late war, steel grey painted D ring, single belted Dutch maker, vd Valk.
    vd Valk was the only Dutch maker of K98k amo pouches, and was bassed in Amsterdam. Pitty I only have one, and not a set of matching numbers, but still it's a rare one.