Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 - gun sling

Article about: Hello guys, please have a look at this offered gun sling for k98 - does it seem ok to you? the description says that "the metal buckle marked by a tree and letters SC, the sling marked

?

Default K98 - gun sling

Hello guys,

please have a look at this offered gun sling for k98 - does it seem ok to you?

K98 - gun slingK98 - gun sling

the description says that "the metal buckle marked by a tree and letters SC, the sling marked VCX39 and STOLLA VIEN, leather movable part WINDER.BERLIN 39"

Should I bid or not? The gunslings for K98 seem to be rather rare so I don't want to miss an opportunity...

A.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 - gun sling
    P
    Many

Default Re: K98 - gun sling

Arez, would need more pictures to say for sure. These were made in alot of countries after the war. SC is a known wartime maker. What does the leather keeper have stamped on it in the second photo? There are alot of original slings out there that have a newer replaced leather keeper. They wore out quicker than anything else. Can you request a photo of it layed out flat on both sides? In the photos you show, it looks pretty good, but you don't have very good photos.

Jay

it's postwar austrian strap for k98k.

looks pretty good to me, but mine is German, but it looks like the right width, has a good frog. if the price is right I say grab it, some of the other countries-allies of Germany made theirs more narrow.