Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

K98 pouches without dividers

Article about: A question guys - I have these pouches ( one lot only ) that do not have dividers. They have not been cut out, as you can see there is no rivet mark to show the hide dividers were ever fitte

Default K98 pouches without dividers

A question guys - I have these pouches ( one lot only ) that do not have dividers. They have not been cut out, as you can see there is no rivet mark to show the hide dividers were ever fitted.

I can't see a date but the hardware fits to mid war period. Any ideas??

Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 pouches without dividers   K98 pouches without dividers  

K98 pouches without dividers   K98 pouches without dividers  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 pouches without dividers
    P
    Many

Post war Spanish k98 pouches maybe ? Just a guess

Unmarked German Pouches about all the Russian capture I have owned have the dividers removed. Sometimes hardware is blackened. timothy

I don't know Dan maybe early BW the more I look at them. There may be a pair on Stinch's Military Collection website. I just looked at them again there is something about the pebbling being on the inside flaps but I can't remember what it was. Stinch's site is the best on pouches I have found he is a Denmark collector I think. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    I don't know Dan maybe early BW the more I look at them. There may be a pair on Stinch's Military Collection website. I just looked at them again there is something about the pebbling being on the inside flaps but I can't remember what it was. Stinch's site is the best on pouches I have found he is a Denmark collector I think. timothy
    Thanks Timothy, they came with a half dozen other ones some years back - they were definite TR ( markings, dividers etc.. ) this must have been a ring-in??
    I heard or read once that cutting the dividers out was a commonplace thing as the rawhide buckled when wet and dried out deformed making sliding the clips in difficult ( as well as the other items the pouches were used for ( coins, compass, bits of hard bread, speck, condoms etc...... )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "