Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

Thanks Ade, I couldn't tell the color of the darker paint...if it's "camo", even better.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

update: I finally won this for 30 EUR today, tomorrow I'll pick-it up and make more pics...

Quote by Fabe View Post
    Hi Guys/Gals and Happy 2015!

My first show/question of the new year...

I like this jerry can - 1944 date, maker can't be seen from these pics - so I think I'll bid on this baby - but what's up with that paint job? Looks like the "yellow/gelb" paint was "puked" on the "panzer gray" Camo maybe?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Fabe

Attachment 784763Attachment 784764Attachment 784765

Thumbs up

30 Euros ! A bargain............

?

the seller is not a military dealer per say...but I was expecting a biding war - I think here in Eastern-Europe, with the crap money we make - people just don't have a lot of money to spend. frankly, I don't either...I'm "lucky" that I don't have a family yet.
    ...and also "knowledge" = money! if the seller knew what he had (even I wasn't sure, hence I asked here first) - and he added just a word to his description: "camo" - maybe things would've been different for him...

?

Ok, here some photos...I've cleaned it and tested it for water leaks (no holes)

The can's date & maker: '1944 Nirona'
    Factory lot code: '14'

The paint is interesting...it's a mix of apple green or panzer grau(?) and yellow/gelb hand painted with a brush.

It was found north of lake Balaton, where Operation Spring Awakening - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has taken place...

Cheers,
    Fabe
    Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

...and here are all my jerry cans (so far)

first the German ones:

'1944 Nirona / 14':

'1943 Austria Wien / 1003':

'1942 Fischer Original - ebn / 276':

'1944 skv / 643' (I belive this is an original red primer paint, and was never painted with any other colors, see this post:
    Kanisters of the Wehrmacht ):

...and now the rest - British/Hungarian ones...

'1942 VM' (German "booty" from Africa or Southern Europe - it was found in Hungary, where no British troops fought. There are two different yellow/sand paint present, some spots of the brighter 1943 gelb but the majority of the paint is the darker, mustard DAK sand):

'193?-194? Fülek / 25' (rare Hungarian WW2 jerry - based on the early German "X-type", with original Hungarian field-green paint, the maker is - "Fülek", lot number 25 - probably made between 1938-1942):

'1944 BMB' (another German "booty" from Berlin - the letter "H" /Heer?/ stencil-painted on the top, and "Petroleum" on the side):

...and some detail shots:

the 'W' and 'Petroleum' text on the '1944 BMB':
    Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

close-up shot of the '1942 VM' - 2 different shades of gelb:

PS: I still would like to get a nice German "X-type" can and a DAK wasser can...
    Funny, I was reading my earlier posts here from almost 2 years ago, that "I don't want to collect jerry cans, I don't have the space..." - and look at me now...

Hi Fabe,

Very nice collection. Bravo.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Thumbs up

That's a very nice collection ( for someone who doesn't collect Jerricans ! )

These are the ones you need Fabe!

(But sorry, they're not for sale )

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Dan,

Nice kanisters.
    Collect you only German Kanisters ?
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast