Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

Default Re: Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Thanks guys, I'll post some more information and photographs when I have a little more time.

Cheers,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

Here is another AMBI-BUDD Presswerk Wasserkanister that was in my collection. The photographs were taken not long after I acquired the piece, note the traces of fuel present around the inner cap area. The can was still being used, testament to the high standard of workmanship during the Third Reich period. The close up shot shows the markings WASSER 20L (Water, 20 litres), the AMBI-BUDD, Presswerk of Berlin manufacturer's stamp, batch number and year of manufacture. The traces of white paint present, are the remnants of the large painted white cross, that was added to all Wasserkanisters of the period, to identify them as water cans.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

?

This canister was originally red-burgundy and was painted in camouflage ... is a kind of Normany-Camo, but the canister was found in Romania ... on the Eastern Front!

.... anyone can talk about camouflage!? ... or about inventory number "809", manufacturer I know : Ambi-Budd Presswerk of Berlin = ABP.

?

Nice example peewee, thanks for sharing it.

Regards,

Carl

?

here is some of mine
    Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

regards mich

?

A nice Boehme und co. example you have there mich. I always like to see the traces of the orange/red base coat paint, and yours shows that nicely. You can clearly see the areas where the feldgrau paint has worn away, especially on the mid-section where the can would typically rest against another during transportation, and also on the handle section too of course. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Regards,

Carl

?

thanks Carl,
    do you know what year the JK4 is from ?
    I wastold it was before the war ?
    regards mich

?

You're welcome mich. The early "X" pattern kanisters were manufactured between 1937-41. This pattern was eventually replaced by the standard pattern cans, such as your example shown above. The markings on the early pattern kanister that you have are not a type that I am familiar with. Can you show a photograph of the other side, i.e. the front of the can?

Regards,

Carl

?

something to tickle your eyes !! )Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

some more photos of the JK4 canKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast