Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

Nice patina on that one Fabe!
    Good to see the 20 kg stencil still present.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

I just love these old canisters!!! I've found one in an old barn in Crete along with two british ones and I was donated another german one from a friend! Sadly the donated one is all painted dark green. I just love them!!!

Hi Fabe,

Agree with Dan, nice patina.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

?

just a small update - the can arrived today - along with 2 relics straight from "Stalingrad" ( Volgograd ) - they are "ring protectors" for shipping crates of large shells:

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

...and an archive photo of the rings:
    Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

cheers,
    Fabe

?

hi guys - just a question:

could this blue-gray paint be original on this can, did anyone has or seen cans with this paint color? It's a '1944 Nirona' lot num: 20 (?) - I do have a '1944 Nirona' lot number: 14 already...

cheers,
    Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

It has been repainted Fabe.
    Look at the dent to the left side of the Nirona logo - it has paint on it.
    Dan

?

THX Dan - I was around 90% sure that was a bad paint - no red primer anywhere - etc., but since the seller was insisting that it is original paint, I had to ask.

?

Hi All,

i'll be a bit "OFF", but since this one is a super-rare can (and looks like an early German "X" type), I'll show it here...
    It's a Hungarian made WW2 can - the maker is "Fülek" - just like my other Hungarian can, see this thread:

WW2 Hungarian gasoline "Jerry" can - FINALLY!

As you can see, they are slightly different - this one has "HONV 20 L" marking (HONV is short for "Honvédség" - means "ARMY" is Hungarian) and seems, that these cans have no lot numbers. I belive, these are "later type", made during the war.

Also, an interesting bit...this one should be painted "yellowish-green" like all other Hungarian metal gear in WW2 (again, see my other thread), but maybe it was made for / used by the Wehrmacht - the paint looks like it's "panzer-grau" - and def. looks original...

Also a sure sign of WW2 made Hungarian item is the "Royal Crown" marking - the seller (or someone) had to make sure it had it, so it was scratched off (which I really hate). I'm sure, that my other green can has it also, but the paint is quite thick on these. (and I won't be scratching off any original paint)

Cheers,
    Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

I was in the US awhile ago and a friend who is a collector/dealer has 2 small Jerry cans, I wish I had photos, I would think they hold 2 gallons,
    Any idea what they might be for?

Dean O
    Canada

Look at my post #106 - I think this is what he has Dean.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast