Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

well, I totally forget about this can - I've put a minimal of 10 EU bid on it about 3 weeks ago, that's when I asked about the winter camo here...and just got the email that I won it.

(for about 9 EU)

I'll update when it arrives... but I actually like the paint on it... It's just looks salty enough for it...eh, but who knows...

Quote by Fabe View Post
    hi guys - any thoughts on this winter camo can?

cheers,
    Fabe

Attachment 853771Attachment 853772Attachment 853773Attachment 853774Attachment 853775

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

The "winter-camo" can arrived the other day - took some pics...

There is panzer-grau paint under the whitewash (looks to be waterbased) which was field-applied with a brush it seems - 1942 date, "Brose & Co. Coberg", lot number 41

It has a small hole on the bottom - which is not really visible - no repairs thankfully...

I do like the paint - has that "look to it" - I have a couple of original winter-camo 251 wheels - looks very similar to them.

Any commets?

Cheers,
    Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

hey guys - thoughts in this SS can - is it original?
    the welding looks ok to me...a bit salty, but no holes according to the seller - price is: 70 EU.

sorry only these crappy pics for now:

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

THX - Fabe

At the first sight it looks ok, but i would ask for more pics.... Especially the welding spots on the corners of the handle.... Also ask if there is a stamp of a flower on the filling cap

Tom

?

And you should request a photograph of the internal cap section.

Carl

?

THX guys - alas too late, it was sold while I was sleeping

but instead I got my very first German grain/post/whatever sack...

my very first grain(?) sack

?

new pick-up:

just got this 1943 'ABP' lot number: 70 jerry can - noone was biding on it so I got for "starting price" (15 EU) - could it be some original blue "Lufty" paint on it??

cheers,
    Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Hi Fellas,

Just picked up this nice jerrycan. Can anybody tell me who the maker is? And what do the numbers 122 mean (to identify the maker)?

Thanks,

Jac

Quote by The Jackal View Post
    Hi Fellas,

Just picked up this nice jerrycan. Can anybody tell me who the maker is? And what do the numbers 122 mean (to identify the maker)?

Thanks,

Jac

Hello Jac

Welcome to the forum

Yours is a "Fischer Original" (later they used the three letter code "ebn" ) made by Fischer AG Blech und Metallwarenfabrik in Göppingen

The number 122 is a lot number.....

Tom

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast