Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

and do you happend to recall the explanation?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

Quote by Fabe View Post
    and do you happend to recall the explanation?
    I would have said my friend if i did.....
    ....but i will dig into my failing memory to help you if i can.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I found it in the most obvious of places Fabe!
    0n page 52 of Phillippe Leger & Stephane Arquille's book there is shown an "unknown maker" who stamped neither manufacturer code or Wehrmacht on their kannisters.
    Yours must be one of these. ...
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I don't have it yet, but it only costs around 15 USD (converted from Hungarian) - can't tell if that's original paint or not - but I should get it just for the "unknown" maker...

?

Ah, I missed out on the unmarked jerry (so it seems), the seller sold it to a private buyer...
    ...but, I did get this one!
    Could be an interesting item - a 1942 "ABP / bbz" (Ambi-Budd Presswerk G.m.b.H.) - lot #: "150"
    I think (I only have seller's pics for now) it was painted panzer gray and re-painted (on top of the gray) in Hungarian Royal Army's field-green - it was used by the Hungarian forces, even has a stencilled white: "TŰZVESZÉLYES!" (FIRE HAZARD!) sign on it.
    Def. not post-war repaint - then it would be dark green or light blue (civil defense).
    Nice condition, no repairs or leaks - I'll take more pics when I have it...

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Here is my Hungarian made jerry with army field-green - and some ref. pics to show that green on the helmets also:

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Cheers,
    Fabe

Great can! Ambi-Budd Presswerke was an American-owned company located in Berlin and also made the bodies for both Volkswagen Type 82 (Kübelwagen) and Type 166 (Schwimmwagen).

Nice thread on a vital piece of German wartime equipment --- shouldn't this be pinned?

Will add my first one when it arrives, happy I found a unit marked one!

It just arrived, holding off a bit always pays off--- it being a Norwegian find makes it even that much more special. Well, not "special" in the most accurate sense of the word perhaps... these are after all pretty common but the unit marking really gives this one a nice bit of character and, not to mention, the added bonus of being somewhat researchable ---

It's been lightly cleaned (by the seller... I was obviously too late in requesting it to be left totally untouched with cobwebs dust and all) but it still remains largely untouched and it has obviously not been used or played with in ages --- the "EINHEIT 43592" to my mind most likely signifies the feldpost number of the unit and the following info and find location supports this. I just love the Panzer unit connection here! Hope you all like it and, please, feel free to add any more info you can gather from looking at the pictures -- this is my first one and I'm not really familiar with the types and all.

Feldpost 43592

(30.7.1941-28.2.1942) 2. Kompanie Panzer-Abteilung 214,
    (12.3.1943-7.9.1943) 2.Kompanie Panzer-Regiment 9,
    (8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 27.10.1943 2. Kompanie Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen,
    (23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 4.7.1944 2. Kompanie Panzer-Abteilung 2103,
    (23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 14.8.1944 2. Kompanie Panzer-Abteilung (Panther) 2103,
    am 16.8.1944 gestrichen.
    Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

Nice example. Unusually unit marked and also...lot number "1"...

All in all, an interesting Kanister, well done.

Carl

Thank you, Carl --- also, thanks for the info on the number... had no idea it was a lot number!

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast