Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

Hello again .

So it is "EHA" not "EHB" like this signature is sometimes read thus described as "unknown manufacturer". Knowledge is never too much.

I'd like to present another one from my collection, frankly speaking one of the favorites. It is nearly mint condition, late can variant (sometimes incorrectly described as "1944 model") in old-fashioned that time Panzergrau paint instead of Sandgelb (usually found on late kanisters). It was manufactured by Lippert und Arnold Metallwarenfabrik in Gruenhain/Saxony (coded "evu") in 1943.

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Best wishes!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

This is one of mine; maker 'fcx' and dated 1944 and in the old Grau (original) too.

Nice one! Seems that Panzergrau did not disappear after the February 1943 directive and has been still applied by the manufacturers till the end of war.

I present next belonging to mine, the 1943 jerry can by Enzesfelder Metallwerk AG Wien (well-known "Austria Wien" signature). Its condition is worse than the previous presented, but a little bit of original Sandgelb paint as well as part of the "red 20" capacity info are preserved.

This kanister is the only one in my collection with confirmed history and that is why I liked it . In 1945 it was taken home on the one hand as a souvenir, on another - as a kind of currency, by a Wehrmacht deserter, the Pole from Kattowitz/Oberschlesien (nowadays: Katowice/Upper Silesia/Poland) who served inter alia in Italy (who knows, maybe the can was also there?). In its original condition it was used by him few decades after the war (also repaired and unfortunately partly repainted with silver as it could be seen on the bottom). I acequired the can after his death from the family.

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Greetings!

Another one from my magazine: 1942 jery can by Eisenwerk Mueller und Co. from Schwelm in original, red primer. It has no "Wehrmacht" signature and lot numer.

I read in this thread that the ones without WH stamp were produced for civilian use but frankly speaking I have a few cans from Mueller/Schwelm where neither "Wehrmacht" nor numer had been stamped but they are originally painted in Panzergrau od Sandgelb military colours...

?

Quote by Huzar Poland View Post
    Another one from my magazine: 1942 jery can by Eisenwerk Mueller und Co. from Schwelm in original, red primer. It has no "Wehrmacht" signature and lot numer.

I read in this thread that the ones without WH stamp were produced for civilian use but frankly speaking I have a few cans from Mueller/Schwelm where neither "Wehrmacht" nor numer had been stamped but they are originally painted in Panzergrau od Sandgelb military colours...

Here is my 1944 late war red primer can:

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Great one and, as far as I know, quite-rare "skv" manufacturer.

Here is another one late jerrycan from my collection which was produced by Nirona Werke Beiersfeld/Erzgebirge (gnx) in 1945. It has still a few thin layers of original paint: red primer, Sandgelb and greyish-green.

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Seeing as this has now been "stuck" I thought i should add my 1941 wasser kanister by Ambi Budd Pressewerk.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Great one!

Back to fuel jerrys I would like to present the one from which everything has started more than 15 years ago . It's original SS kanister by Sandrik Horusa (Slovakia). I acquired it as far as I remember in 2001 along with M31 bread bag and early variant of MG ammunition box. This items has founded th core of my nowadays collection .

The can has been restored in 2011 for historical reenactement purposes (the dark green paint was based on the remains of original layer found on the can) and was used in a few photo sessions. I submit photos from one of them, performed in 2014 during the largest reenactement event in Poland - "Military Zone" in Podrzecze/Gostyń. In that case it served as a kanister captured by the Polish 1st Army tankers on their way to Berlin in April 1945 .

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

There is an MNS 1943 can in a hand of a "soldier" from the last photo, another original one from my collection, last year exchanged for Schwelm 1943 one in original paint.

It is hard to say why I like Sandgelb jerrycans so much . I have a few of this colour in my collection, and here you can see two of them.

First one is 1943 Enzesfelder Metallwerk AG in Wien ("Austria Wien" signature) can with two layers of original paint: the one looks like Afrikakorps Gelb had been applied initially and later repainted in typical Sandgelb:

The second one is 1942 Eisenwerk Mueller und Co. in Schwelm (characteristic "Schwelm" marking with stylized barrel) but without lot number and "Wehrmacht" in the bottom part. In my opinion it must have been repainted in the second half of the war (for me the shade suggests the last months of 1944 or the beginning of 1945) from the previous Panzergrau or primer. As far as I know there were no Sandgelb cans produced in 1942:

Greetings from Poland!

Hi gentlemen,

Very nice kanisters.

Here some pics of my kanister display.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast