Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

Hi gentlemen,

I agree with "danmark".
    Wenn you will collect military items like Kanister, you must buy books to improve your collection.
    For kanister collectors, the book : Kanister , Philippe Leger & Stéphane Arquille . Is the référence.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Neither my 1939 Müller can nor my 1944 dated 'FCX' (maker unknown to me, pics on previous page) can have 'Wehrmacht' embossed.

Maker FCX is in fact the code for Müller Schwelmer Eisenwerk u. Co. in Schwelm/Westfalen.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Maker FCX is in fact the code for Müller Schwelmer Eisenwerk u. Co. in Schwelm/Westfalen.
    Well now it makes sense. Thanks!

Thanks for answer!

Last days another Mueller's jerrycan arrived to Białogard. It is one of the most valuable ones that I have in my collection because it was manufactured in the first year of Kanister serial production - 1937, with a very low, 32 lot number. As you can see there is no "Wehrmacht" signature too. It needs restoration for sure, but its condition is generally good.

Another one is a curiosity. Usually I avoid rotten cans but this example on the one hand is a gift, on the other - real battlefield relic. It was found few years ago in Oksywie (German Oxhoeft) beachhead area, where the last fights of Wehrmacht garrison of Danzig and Gotenhafen (nowadays Gdańsk and Gdynia in Poland) took place. There were dozens of vehicles and combat equipment pushed there by the Red Army and then totally destroyed in March 1945. The jerry, which manufacturer and year of production is impossible to determine, was excavated along with elements of two BMW R75 sidecars. Despite its bad condition bullet holes are still visible.

Below I present picture taken in Oksywie, just after the capitulation of German units.

And now I wait for Carlo to provide a present day view of this scene!

Nice '37 kanister too.

When you search web for "Oxhoeft 1945" or "Babie Doły 1945" (it is the most common Polish name for presented place) you can find a few photos of destroyed German vehicles there.

By the way I'd like to show you another water-jerry from my collection. It is Ambi-Budd Berlin 1942 can with remntants of an original Sandgelb paint. The layer has been protected using WD40 oil.

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

The beginning of 2018 turned out for me the time of changing a place of my collection. I moved out from 11 square metres magazine to the one six time bigger . It was the occasion to take a photo of part of my jerrys reaching new home . As you can see there is one US "orphant" with them.

Hello on Thursday!

Let's see another one from my collection. This can was manufactured by Ambi-Budd Berlin in 1940. It is quite interesting that the date is stamped below the central "square" similar to the earlier, X-models. I've got also ABP jerry with identical marking but from 1939.

Its condition seems to be good and three layers of paint visible: red primer, Panzergrau and Feldgrau/Dunkelgruen but I'm not sure whether the last one is original.

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Hello!

This time something something different than a jerrycan, but still connected with WH fuel topic. Today I got the original fuel drum, but with a capacity of 50 liters, not customary 200! It is heavier than its bigger sister and believed to be an improvised fuel drop container (that is likely why it had been made of thicker material). It was found with another 10 near Kobylin airfield near Krotoszyn in Poland, where, in January 1945, elements of Fallschirm-Panzer-Division Hermann Goering had been encircled.

The drum had been manufactured by Einsehuettenwerk Thale a.H. in Thale/Harz (nowadays Thaltec factory).

Hello!

I'd like to show you another rare item connected with wartime fuel themes which I acquired few days ago for only 25 EU . This is Italian Regia Aeronautica (air force) jerry can manufactured by GDM Firenze. Its conditio is quite good with some traces of original paint.

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

And another one from the same source: British 1945 jerry by Briggs Motor Bodies Ltd of Dagenham, Essex in good condition too.

Cheers!

Hello! Back to the German ones .

Here is my latest acquisition, the Muehlenbau und Industrie AG in Braunschweig 1943 jerry can which arrived to Białogard today. Two layers of original paint remained: the Panzergrau with red primer traces and Sandgelb on it. Secondary one looks like being quickly applied (maybe in HKL). The interesting is that the bottom is still in Panzergrau as well as part of the middle handle bar section.

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Cheers!

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast