MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

Default Re: Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

What do the markings on the front say mich? I can't make them out on those photographs.

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

hi Carl,
    I will check it tomorrow
    regards mich

?

hi Carl,
    checked it today,sadly no marks to see on the front,the only thing is the letters.on the side JK4
    regards mich

?

Ok mich, my thought is that you have a can that was used by the allies. I'm not certain, but having checked my reference material for markings, I don't think it is German. The British, Americans and others all copied the German can designs at some point or other, and I believe that your JK4 marked can could be one of these.

Regards,

Carl

?

then there is someone who has cheated me, I bought it to be German

?

I may be wrong mich, I just haven't seen that marking on a German kanister before. Being an early model, it could be a marking that was used before any "Wehrmacht" or other period known markings were used. Also, JK4 is vaguely familiar to me, and I have no interest in allied militaria, which leads me to believe that it is possibly German after all. Certainly worthy of more research. I'll see what I can find later, and let you know should I reach any conclusion.

Cheers,

Carl

?

Mich, I have just had a quick look on a few other forums, one Italian and one German, and it seems that this marking has many people confused. Some believe that this marking suggests the can is Italian, Hungarian, Romanian or even from the Ukraine. The design, as I have already said, is the early "X" Pattern, and the paint certainly matches the known German manufactured cans. But the markings are not known to me, hopefully somebody else can confirm it either way. What you could try to do, is take a look at this website sdkfz7.free.fr and try to contact the guy who runs it. He will probably be able to tell you exactly what your can is.

Cheers,

Carl

?

thanks Carl,
    for spending sow much time on a old Can.I was myself trying on google to get clever,but no luck.
    I will try you link and get back when I have news
    regards mich

?

I guess that was owned by an Austrian producer , like the binoculars Dienstglas, I had a similar canister marked with "Austria-Wien" .... There are a manufacturer of binoculars from Wien that was encoded similar - "JKK".
    In my opinion is that we are dealing with an Austrian producer which is coded , to avoid factory bombardment by the Allies !! ... canister is German and is produced in Austria !!

?

You're welcome mich.

Regards,

Carl

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast