Kantine Ring ATTN Wagriff!

Article about: Hi guys, just got this today, a cheap Totenkopf ring that would have been available for purchase in the soldier's cantine. Not SS, or any branch in particular, just a cool ring that would ha

?

Default Kantine Ring ATTN Wagriff!

Hi guys,
    just got this today, a cheap Totenkopf ring that would have been available for purchase in the soldier's cantine. Not SS, or any branch in particular, just a cool ring that would have been available for purchase for cheap. There are no markings on it, and it seems to be made of tin, or something else light and cheap. There were a few photos that came with it as well:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1187.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	319145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	319140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1188.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	319144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1190.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	319142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1193.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	319141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1194.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	319143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1192.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	319146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	319147

I'm really happy to finally own one of these.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kantine Ring ATTN Wagriff!

Funny, how light and thin they are, hey? But they were, as you say, made cheap for the average run of the mill soldier and they did what they were supposed to do-that is look cool on the finger! Are you going to get it soldered so you can wear it? Or keep him as he is? Nice find! I like the "goony face" skulls! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Oh man, it looks SO cool on my finger! I got it in the mail as I was leaving my house, opened it up, put it on, and it was a perfect fit, like excalibur, I love it! I wore it today because I was so excited, but I could tell that it's really fragile, so I should get it soldered. There's a jewelry store down the street that took a liking to me because of my unusual jewelry. I had them engrave something funny and unusual for my GF and they were really tickled to be able to engrave something other than "THUG LIFE" "NO-ONE BUT GOD CAN JUDGE ME" "13TH STREET PUNCHERS CREW" etc, etc. I'll have to make sure that he understands NOT to clean it though, I had him straighten out one of my cheap old biker rings and he cleaned the patina right off!!! I bet he thought he was doing me a favor, haha.

?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1196.jpg 
Views:	1165 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	319150

Here's my new friend with his brothers and sisters, the militaria ones include a:
    Hungarian "PRO PATRIA" ring from ww1, and German coat button ring made of a French coin, a WW2 Us servicemans ring, and a "Tunis, 1943" souvenir ring.

Nice ring grouping, doom!